Lower control arms on backwards?

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2014, 04:22 AM

Lower control arms on backwards?

I'm starting to take apart a 70 Vista parts car to use the parts on my Vista beater. I plan to take the control arms, etc., off the parts car and put new bushings, weld in box reinforcements, paint, etc. on the bench. Then change everything this winter. Anyway yesterday I removed the rear lower control arms and found the were switched end for end. The holes for the sway bar were towards the front of the car. I looked at my other 2 Olds' and they have the arms with the sway bar holes to the rear. I don't know if this parts car came from the factory this way or they were switched at some point when new bushings were installed?? As long as the car didn't have a sway bar it apparently worked fine like that. Strange...
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
I'm starting to take apart a 70 Vista parts car to use the parts on my Vista beater. I plan to take the control arms, etc., off the parts car and put new bushings, weld in box reinforcements, paint, etc. on the bench. Then change everything this winter. Anyway yesterday I removed the rear lower control arms and found the were switched end for end. The holes for the sway bar were towards the front of the car. I looked at my other 2 Olds' and they have the arms with the sway bar holes to the rear. I don't know if this parts car came from the factory this way or they were switched at some point when new bushings were installed?? As long as the car didn't have a sway bar it apparently worked fine like that. Strange...
Except for the sway bar holes, it doesn't matter which way the rear LCAs are installed. The bushings are the same at both ends.
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM

maybe it's a "front-rear" swaybar option

j/k