69 vista, roommates broke my roof window...

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
69 vista cruiser

69 vista, roommates broke my roof window...

Hey everyone its been some time since my last post. Good news I am restoring my car and its almost complete. I picked up a set of the mirrored roof windows from a junk yard here in battle creek 2 years ago and one of my stupid roommates broke the long driver side quarter roof window while it was in my garage. I AM PISSED! to say the least. my original windows are the black tint and in horrible shape. The mirrored set i have was damn near perfect. Anyhow i still would like to use the mirrored set but need to find a new driver side roof window. So far its been a nightmare trying to find another one. Someone please help!! Any knowledge of a back road junk yard with a vista sitting in it or someone who has a spare window in there garage willing to sell would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks
Dan
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM

90% sure I've got a few mirrored side glass left. Give me a call for more info. I'm in Indianapolis.
Scott
C. 317-727-7041
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM

Side Roof Windows

I have 2 new tinted roof windows for a 1969 Vista Cruiser. Still in the box and some molding, also new.I'm in the LA area.
Art
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:25 AM

If you get desperate, I might have some chrome coat glass around here somewheres.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Oldsdruid

Make sure you invite the roommate to pay for the new window. Sharing quarters he/she should have been well aware what you're doing with that car and the time and expense involved.

Then make sure you store the new glasses horizontally, well off the floor and wrapped in a lot of good padding. Old blankets, quilts etc are great for that.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Make sure you invite the roommate to pay for the new window. Sharing quarters he/she should have been well aware what you're doing with that car and the time and expense involved.

Then make sure you store the new glasses horizontally, well off the floor and wrapped in a lot of good padding. Old blankets, quilts etc are great for that.

Until the roomate moves out and shakes out the old quilt and blankets used to pack the glass for his moving blanlets knowing that "you won't mind"!