"1979 Olds Delta 88 9 pass. wagon w/many, many spare parts"

Old April 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Got wood? I do! (an '89)

"1979 Olds Delta 88 9 pass. wagon w/many, many spare parts"

I don't know how rare having vinyl seats and no A/C is or its condition other than the text below, but is a decent diesel '79 (9-pass.? Really?) wagon project--and "many, many parts"--something worth pursuing?

I'm VERY interested if any of the "spare" engines might work in my 'Cruiser, or if this lot is worth buying to part out to BUY the engine I need.

Anyhoo, here's the posting. I look forward to your opinions...

"This 1979 Olds wagon has been sitting indoors for many years and it's time for it to go. It needs some work to be driveable but all of the necessary parts (and many more) are included. This is a rare car in that it came from the factory without air conditioning and with vinyl seats. We quit driving the car because the diesel engine had leaking head gaskets. The tires had been recently replaced at that time and are in good shape.

Included with the car are two spare engines and transmissions, some extra glass and body parts, as well as extra injector pumps, starters, alternators and tons of odds and ends. The car is on blocks in a close spot so I do not have any pictures.

This car will make a very interesting and economical summer cruiser. I recall we always got well over 20 mpg with this car. "
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by auto_editor
I don't know how rare having vinyl seats and no A/C is or its condition other than the text below, but is a decent diesel '79 (9-pass.? Really?) wagon project--and "many, many parts"--something worth pursuing?

I'm VERY interested if any of the "spare" engines might work in my 'Cruiser, or if this lot is worth buying to part out to BUY the engine I need.

Anyhoo, here's the posting. I look forward to your opinions...

"This 1979 Olds wagon has been sitting indoors for many years and it's time for it to go. It needs some work to be driveable but all of the necessary parts (and many more) are included. This is a rare car in that it came from the factory without air conditioning and with vinyl seats. We quit driving the car because the diesel engine had leaking head gaskets. The tires had been recently replaced at that time and are in good shape.

Included with the car are two spare engines and transmissions, some extra glass and body parts, as well as extra injector pumps, starters, alternators and tons of odds and ends. The car is on blocks in a close spot so I do not have any pictures.

This car will make a very interesting and economical summer cruiser. I recall we always got well over 20 mpg with this car. "
Depends on what parts you need. The front sheetmetal on the 77-79 cars is different from the 80-90 cars. The drivetrain has nothing in common with yours - the trans is likely a TH350. Diesel blocks DO have some value to the Olds racing community. The rear axle might be an 8.75" unit - stronger but hard to get parts for.