71 Vista

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM

71 Vista

Am about to start body work of my 71 wagon and wondering if anyone would know where I might get some patch panels or good used parts in particular both front fenders , right rear wheel arch and right rear door skin or complete door. Also if any other panels from other models fit the Cruiser
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM

Welcome to the site! The front fenders are the same as used on the Cutlass/442. Most feel the reproduction patches are more work than their worth as patch panels. That if you have a sound support behind the outer skin your better off fabricating a panel from sheetmetal. I should have a set of Vista Cruiser doors, but shipping will be spendy. I'll try to dig it out and send you photos of it. It may be more cost effective for me to cut the door with a sawzall an just send you the outer panel plus trim to install. I do have a 1970 4 door parts car with good quarter panels, I'm not positive but believe the rear wheel arch may be the same. A couple members here have restored Vista Cruisers. Check out the major build thread by ent72olds:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...r-project.html

Then review the work that Bluevista did to his car, and what 70vista is doing to his car right now. Should be lots of help with any problems you encounter along the way! John
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM

Welcome to CO, Stoolie1! Another wagon coming online. Good luck on your re-do, pictures of the process when you can, please. Hope y'all are just having hot down there, and not the floods.