Fuel line replacement - ClassicOldsmobile.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 21st, 2018, 03:14 PM   #1  

Fuel line replacement

Has anyone replaced fuel lines on a Vista cruiser or Cutlass wagon with the body still on the car? I'll haveing a really hard time getting to the 3 bolts holding the clips closest to the tank .I have attached a picture from the service manual to hopefully help explain. If anyone has done this any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
g_field07edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2018, 11:10 AM   #2  

Well I managed to get all of them out except the 2 bolts that are above the shock mount perch. Does anyone feel it would be an issue to drill these 2 bolts out from the bottom of the perch and not put those clips back in? I bought the pre-bent stainless lines from inline tube so I believe these are a lot sturdier than the original plain steel and there will still be a clip at the front and rear of the perch just not the 2 on top.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:29 AM   #3  

I guess you can't get a box end wrench up above and get the bolts to move? Isn't it a pain the way these jobs escalate? You might as well (MAW) take off the body and then you MAW do a complete frame off restoration- 15 years later after you get it done you can enjoy driving it again! Seriously, If you can get the bolts out and then feed down a smaller bolt thru the bracket and frame and then put a nut on the bottom? Or maybe go backwards up with a nut on the top? Good luck let us know how you make out.
Greg Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:20 PM   #4  

Well I will not be doing a frame off on this car anytime soon, but it is going to be impossible for me to replace the fuel lines without lifting the body. Unless I cut the pre-bent lines into about 6 pieces. With that said is there any quick tips around here for lifting the body? Only need to lift about 6 inches to have room to put in the new lines I hope.
MAW replace body mount bushings though would the kit for a cutlass wagon be the same as a 2 door? I will go check Funkwagon455's build thread and see if he mentions the bushings he used.
Old June 29th, 2018, 03:23 PM   #5  

I used this for my fuel line-push lock. Ignore the fuel filter in the picture I'm changing that out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3548.JPG (82.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3051.JPG (59.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3052.JPG (59.1 KB, 9 views)
therobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:53 PM   #6  

Do you have a part number or where you bought this from? This project is turning into a major headache lol. Bought stainless pre-bent lines and body bushings but now I need to pull the front clip to get to the body mounts bolt that is spinning in the firewall 😠😠