Searching for a Custom Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2016, 04:06 PM
in love with a '71 98

Searching for a Custom Cruiser

Hi there folks, long time no posts from me, but that's the way life is sometimes. I still have my 71 98, and am rekindling my search for a 71-76 custom cruiser.

I was curious to know if anyone remembered any posts about a specific 73 CC. This would have been around 2009 when my dad had to regrettably sell his yellow & woodgrain with saddle tan interior, 9 passenger, 73 CC. It was sold to a local gentleman outside of Chicago, who sold it to a man in Canada. I remember being on the forum at that time and seeing that the gentleman in Canada had posted about his new purchase, but not much else. I've been unable to find his original post after searching the site here.

The wagon itself is pretty recognizable as its a bone dry southern California car. It had aftermarket chrome wire wheels and the light yellow paint and woodgrain had both faded after life in the California sun. The saddle tan interior was in fair shape, and had rare options like the color keyed mini-console with the roll top desk type lid.

I was crushed when my dad had to sell this wagon during the 08/09 housing crash (he's a realtor), but was happy to see that the wagon has found a good home and not turned into a demo derby queen. I'd just love to try and find the ol' girl's whereabouts now, and maybe see if the owner would ever be interested in selling.

Thanks for any and all help guys!

Sincerely,
Bob
Old March 13th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, good luck in your quest. I suggest maybe posting some pictures and possibly the Vin.
Old March 14th, 2016, 12:25 AM
in love with a '71 98

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Welcome back, good luck in your quest. I suggest maybe posting some pictures and possibly the Vin.
Thanks Oldcutlass! Unfortunately, I have neither of those things. I was out of state when my dad sold the wagon, and furthermore did not know of the sale until after the fact, so I didn't have the chance to gather any of that information.
Old May 13th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Got wood? I do! (an '89)

Your dad doesn't have any data on the guy who bought her? Not even a bill of sale? I've tracked down cars for buyers just using a car's ownership "ladder."

That aside, my recommendation would be to try and find places that serviced that car. Oftentimes garages and even oil change places log year/make/model/VIN in their computer, so you might get lucky on the demographic information that way.

As for what you can do with that info once you get it, I have no idea as Canada's out of my jurisdiction. But you might get lucky just entering the VIN in Google (maybe the guy has it listed for sale again or has it listed in the Canadian version of this site, eh). I'd suggest contacting car clubs after that.

Good luck!