Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

anybody ever heard of cental motors in dayton ohio?

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
1956 holiday coupe

anybody ever heard of cental motors in dayton ohio?

The reason I ask is because this was on the trunk lid of my 56 and this is either the place that sold it new or the resale lot either way the car was last registered in 65 so I leaning towards the original dealer. Also do you guys think I should put this back on a how would you go about redoing it color wise?
Thanks in advance,
Erit

btw I'm hoping it was an old oldsmobile dealership and pics are more than welcomed
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
1956 holiday coupe

ck these out not Central M

Old September 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM
1956 holiday coupe

and where it used to go
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM

I am for putting it back on. It was original to the car and a lot nicer then a plate surround. Can it be chromed?
Old September 9th, 2009, 07:02 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Originally Posted by citcapp
I am for putting it back on. It was original to the car and a lot nicer then a plate surround. Can it be chromed?
it can but I don't know if they will get polish happy and erase the engraved dayton o. on it. I already had to get rid of a set of tail light housings they did for me because they almost made them smooth
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM

I was looking at ebay and saw some of those old dealer ad plates. I like them, especially chromed; however, I think I like them better as a collection piece in the garage (or elsewhere) rather than something to have on my car. I guess that explains why I've asked in the past for the dealer to take his decal off my car before pickup. (Although some of those oldie ad plates are sure interesting to look at and adds a certain charm to that vintage car, to be sure). Ahh, decisions. decisions...
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Originally Posted by Dan Wirth
I was looking at ebay and saw some of those old dealer ad plates. I like them, especially chromed; however, I think I like them better as a collection piece in the garage (or elsewhere) rather than something to have on my car. I guess that explains why I've asked in the past for the dealer to take his decal off my car before pickup. (Although some of those oldie ad plates are sure interesting to look at and adds a certain charm to that vintage car, to be sure). Ahh, decisions. decisions...
I know specially with this one which is a screw on not a glue on, if I don't like the way it looks I'm pretty much screwed like the emblem
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM

Do a write up on you car on a poster board like guys do for car shows telling the story about your build and put the emblem on the board. It'll look great and add to the story
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

I wouldn't want anything directly attached to the car like that, get some sheet magnet stuff for the back and stick it on at shows like the guys do with the underhood stickers.

My car has the original dealer plate frame from Burch Oldsmobile in Alhambra California.
If you live in Ohio you let everyone know when your car is from out there.

Poster Board?, that's old school.
I'm putting together a Powerpoint presentation of my resto. It will have pics, video of the car in action, Vista Cruiser and Olds history, TV commercials, celebrity commentary.

I'll have it playing on the bigscreen that rises out of the rear storage compartment.
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:10 PM
1956 holiday coupe

Originally Posted by citcapp
Do a write up on you car on a poster board like guys do for car shows telling the story about your build and put the emblem on the board. It'll look great and add to the story
I'll end up trowing the board away or leaving it at a show and remembering about it a week later or at the next show

Originally Posted by Bluevista
I wouldn't want anything directly attached to the car like that, get some sheet magnet stuff for the back and stick it on at shows like the guys do with the underhood stickers.

My car has the original dealer plate frame from Burch Oldsmobile in Alhambra California.
If you live in Ohio you let everyone know when your car is from out there.

Poster Board?, that's old school.
I'm putting together a Powerpoint presentation of my resto. It will have pics, video of the car in action, Vista Cruiser and Olds history, TV commercials, celebrity commentary.

I'll have it playing on the bigscreen that rises out of the rear storage compartment.
I like the magnet idea but again don't have a great memory and it will end up on some old lady's windshield on the highway, btw powerpoint on a big screen