2 Questions about the '56 Oldsmobile Super 88 - Page 2 - ClassicOldsmobile.com

Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 15th, 2018, 05:26 PM   #41  
74 2.8L Capri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson View Post
The cigar lighter won't charge your phone as original or at least mine won't and If the AC was original you would have fish eye vents on/ in the dash.... Nice 56 . When you get a chance post a few pictures of the engine and interior, we love pictures..... Tedd

Tedd,

My '55 will charge my phone. The lighter socket is just a bit larger, and won't ground along the side. So, if you wiggle it, it will charge. also, the contact at the bottom can be corroded. If you remove the battery, you can clean it off somewhat with the tip of a pencil eraser.

I find it rather ironic, navigating with this digital marvel, and it has the only computer in the car!

Also, at least for '55, pulling up the carpet for brake reservoir service, the floor has a light overspray of white. It's White top over powder blue. But the main color is just the medium brown primer. No real attempt at painting the floor boards on the interior. Underside of the transmission tunnel was the same. Primarily brown primer. Kansas city car. Base model Holiday.

Last edited by DFitz; April 15th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.
DFitz is offline   Reply With Quote