Vintage Oldsmobiles Curved Dash, Limited Touring, Models 40, 53, 66; Series 60, 70, 90

HELP front seal dimensions

Old July 18th, 2017, 03:40 AM

HELP front seal dimensions

Hi from New Zealand. Apparently I haven't been on since 2012, probably because we have done a stint in Australia. Finally back and reunited with my 57 Olds 88. She has the original 371 tri-power engine, but on our return promptly threw her harmonic balancer. The guy who is re-attaching it to the pulley for me, needs a couple of measurements. Firstly the diameter of the end of the crank, which I have in metric with the use of a micrometer (but imperial would be a help). More importantly is the size of the front seal (behind main pulley). So if anyone can give me the internal, external and depth/thickness measurements of the seal it would be much appreciated. Cheers Lorry` gmail me if poss on gloria.haycock@gmail.com
Old July 18th, 2017, 02:42 PM

Welcome back,I dont have the dimensions but Ron's Classic car gasket's ( on EBay) has the front timing seal listed by itself,for $10! Hope this helps.
If this don't help, you should Email Ross Racing Engines or Mondello Olds Engines, they both are well known for Oldsmobile engines.. Good luck ,Larry

Last edited by Rocketowner; July 18th, 2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by haycock
Hi from New Zealand. Apparently I haven't been on since 2012, probably because we have done a stint in Australia. Finally back and reunited with my 57 Olds 88. She has the original 371 tri-power engine, but on our return promptly threw her harmonic balancer. The guy who is re-attaching it to the pulley for me, needs a couple of measurements. Firstly the diameter of the end of the crank, which I have in metric with the use of a micrometer (but imperial would be a help). More importantly is the size of the front seal (behind main pulley). So if anyone can give me the internal, external and depth/thickness measurements of the seal it would be much appreciated. Cheers Lorry` gmail me if poss on gloria.haycock@gmail.com
http://www.mm-to-inch.com/

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....488717&jsn=405
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:44 AM

Cheers for that, I am all sorted for the dimensions. BTW My name isn't a typo, it's Laurie but spelling is Lorry, go figure. Thanks again for you input.