Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM

Mondello Transmission

Is anyone using a Mondello TH 400? If so are you pleased with it
Thanks
Chris
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:01 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I wouldn't trust mondello with a bike sprocket. unless its Bernard mondello. if its mondello - Lynn I wouldn trust em. You are better off finding a reputable local shop to rebuild you a th400 for probably much less. Th400's are common so there is nothing special about them where in my opinion I wouldn't trust a local well established reputable shop.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I wouldn't trust mondello with a bike sprocket. unless its Bernard mondello. if its mondello - Lynn I wouldn trust em. You are better off finding a reputable local shop to rebuild you a th400 for probably much less. Th400's are common so there is nothing special about them where in my opinion I wouldn't trust a local well established reputable shop.
What about buying from Monster or Jakes performance?
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:10 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

They cost too much imo when you factor in shipping., plus you gotta take into consideration that in the event something is wrong you can take it to the local shop and have them take a look at it . A local shop here will build a really nice th400 to handle 700 hp for about 750 with real nice parts.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:14 PM

Mondello is just a bunch of overpriced re-branded junk. Either have a reputable local rebuild it or if you want a big name transmission get a Rossler or an Abruzzi.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:39 PM

X2 or 3 or??? Ask your local drag racers and see who they use. Most of them will know who is the most trusted transmission guy in your area. There are MANY dishonest transmission guys out there so get recommendations and let a local do it. I agree that it will be less money this way and likely have a warranty that will be backed up local and not have to ship.
Old January 1st, 2015, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
X2 or 3 or??? Ask your local drag racers and see who they use. Most of them will know who is the most trusted transmission guy in your area. There are MANY dishonest transmission guys out there so get recommendations and let a local do it. I agree that it will be less money this way and likely have a warranty that will be backed up local and not have to ship.
Thank you all for the input I'm surprised at the comments on mondello they have always been very good to me and i have been very happy with there products thats why i thought of them when i decided to get a new transmission. But i appreciate your input