good factory style clutch and pressure plate..

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM

good factory style clutch and pressure plate..

I have upgraded my motor to a 455, and I am looking for opinions for a good stock type clutch and pressure plate kit that don't cost an arm and a leg, I changed the clutch and pressure plate many moons ago, I used a borg and beck set up ( it says borg and beck on it LOL) I don't even think they are made any more, I have also used the same set up in my 4 speed GTO many many moons ago, I am not racing, I just want something that will hold up well, and not have my leg falling off with the pressure, I was also wondering as the clutch was changed and the disc still looks ok, do you think I could use the same pressure plate and just get a new disc and throw out bearing?

also do I go 11 inch or 10.5????
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
I have upgraded my motor to a 455, and I am looking for opinions for a good stock type clutch and pressure plate kit that don't cost an arm and a leg, I changed the clutch and pressure plate many moons ago, I used a borg and beck set up ( it says borg and beck on it LOL) I don't even think they are made any more, I have also used the same set up in my 4 speed GTO many many moons ago, I am not racing, I just want something that will hold up well, and not have my leg falling off with the pressure, I was also wondering as the clutch was changed and the disc still looks ok, do you think I could use the same pressure plate and just get a new disc and throw out bearing?

also do I go 11 inch or 10.5????
You can have good or you can have cheap. Pick one. I've had great success with Centerforce. Good clamping force and you don't need to do left leg exercises to use it.
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM

Thanks joe I did read you liked the center force clutch,
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:45 AM

Centerforce model?

ok do I need the dual friction? or is the stage 1 or 2 enough? I was also looking at the hayes as I believe they are still made in USA and I was browsing at Zoom till I found out they were made in China