Acess Window Motor Bolts - First Generation Toronado's

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2014, 07:29 PM

Acess Window Motor Bolts - First Generation Toronado's

It was extremely nice of General Motors to give us first generation Toronado owners such easy access to the window motor bolts...

Geee Whiz... Took me like 3 hours to change the silly thing out on my 68... Oh, well at least the windows is working again...

Old October 6th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Oldsdruid

There was a service bulletin came out around 1970 that showed how to use a hole saw to cut access holes for the window motor bolts. It had templates for several bodystyles. Later CSM and FB manuals included the procedure and templates.

Makes this job a lot easier and the idea came from dealer technicians who were trying to save time and labor. I've never used it on a 1st gen Toro but I can say it works great on B&C body.
Old October 7th, 2014, 09:34 PM

I thought about trying to cut holes, but as tight as everything was, I feared cutting into the window regulator. However, it would have been nice to have a cut out pattern.

Unfortunately, I have to replace the left rear window motor also. I started working on it this evening, but the only thing I accomplished was removing the back seat. Boy was that ever a chore... I hope that the rest will go easier tomorrow...
Old October 8th, 2014, 10:03 PM

Well I got the left rear window motor swapped and the back seat put back together. I have to say it was much easier then the front passenger was. Really excited to have all my windows working lighting fast again.