c'mon you guys!...1 friggen hubcap....

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM

c'mon you guys!...1 friggen hubcap....

C'mon you guys! Now I got three ...I need one more...68-72 toro dog dish.It can be a beater or show...need two trim rings too, but the cap is paramount....go out to the shed or look in that box o'**** in the basement....You're the only bunch of...in the whole world who has them so step up!...cwb26@comcast.net...630-859-0402
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I see you are in my area code, 630.
My friend has what you need, but you have to take the whole 69 Toro with the hubcap.
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Can you post a picture, I may have a couple.
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Theres a pic of a baby blue 69 in my other hubcap thread...Those are what I got...I'd post but it keeps telling those pics are too big eventho they're already here...thanks
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by vettemad
C'mon you guys! Now I got three ...I need one more...68-72 toro dog dish.It can be a beater or show...need two trim rings too, but the cap is paramount....go out to the shed or look in that box o'**** in the basement....You're the only bunch of...in the whole world who has them so step up!...cwb26@comcast.net...630-859-0402
Wish I'd seen this sooner. Was out at the boneyard about a month ago and they had a 72 Toro (White with black vinyl top) All wheels still on it. missing the engine and tranny, so I was looking for other cool options. Thought about the wheels, but man they were big and heavy. Is there much in the way of demand for those eccentric wheels? If there is I will pick them up if I see any more around. My wife will hate me. I'm starting to get too much junk around the house.

Will center caps from Eldorado's work? Cause I've seen a few of the big old Biaritz (sp?) jobs also.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM

Is this yer part?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
toro1.JPG (32.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg
toro.JPG (24.5 KB, 18 views)
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Hmmm, A yes or no answer would be nice since I went out of my way to look for your "stinkin part"...Yep I had to hunt thru my stash, clean up the part, take a picture and post it in an effort to help a guy out. Sometimes this sort of thing gets old so I have to vent a little. Its not like I am anxiuos to sell them and the price would have been next to nothing.....makes me wonder why I should even bother??
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM

Vettemad, sent you a PM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Hi al, I would'nt say giant demand for the wheels but these days theres not giant demand for anything cause of the economy, I'd hate to see them or the car get junked for scrap but I don't need the wheels either...I am an eldo fan as well and I've never seen small centers on an eldo that were factory...maybe I'm wrong again but I thought 67-78 eldos only had full size caps, at least 3 of the 5 eldos I've owned did except for the 83 and 98 ...they had alloy wheels w/small centers....thanks... cliff
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks OLDSMANIAC...(Joe) for caps and at a great price!...Now just a few trim rings and I'll be good to go!.... right after I get the motor back in!.....lolo...cliff
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:46 AM

If you are still looking, I have 4 or 5 of these in conditions from nothing but a decent ash tray to one that would buff up nicely and has hardly noticeable pin size ding. I trust the pic of the car in your thread is the style you are looking for.

Last edited by oldsmobilia; December 27th, 2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM

well I have aquired quite a collection now and maybe interested in the 2 nicest ones but car is dead in the water and I'm broke so thro me a price and I'll consider them, the cool little caps I got from joe don't fit and I'm not sure what those even came on now(see pics in above thread) as the 66 and 68-72s toros do all fit...I don't remeber seeing any other olds with those really small aluminum centers...they're kind of like the chevy police center caps except for the olds logo and made from aluminum....too bad no one seems to have the old hollander interchange pics to help figure this out...at least not that I've found....I do still need three trim rings ...thanks, cliff

Last edited by vettemad; December 27th, 2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old January 1st, 2010, 05:46 AM

I cant determine from the pics if your wheels are the disc brake or drum brake wheel, hence different trim rings. I have a few trim rings for drum brake wheels, but am keeping the disc brake ones...these are pretty hard to come by. None of the stuff I have in the mezzanine is in any rush to leave so when your picture improves get back to me and we can see whats up then. As for direct interchange, Toro presents a limited array of interchange parts with other models...very few will. GM made pretty sure of that when they took on the gamble of FWD and made sure the cars were like nothing else on the road.
Old January 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Is this yer part?
These are the center hubcaps for the 75-79 Starfires with the basic steel wheel.

Henry
Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM

well my 70 came with discs, whats different? the off set or the style of ring? they're both 15" wheels...the car in the pic is a 69 w/discs also....let me know...and thanks for the info Henry, I'm having trouble visualizing the 75-79 starfire but will google it to refresh my fleeting memory...thanks guys, cliff
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM

well my 70 came with discs, whats different? the off set or the style of ring? they're both 15" wheels...the car in the pic is a 69 w/discs also....let me know...and thanks for the info Henry, I'm having trouble visualizing the 75-79 starfire but will google it to refresh my fleeting memory...thanks guys, cliff
i think you know already but the rings and caps you got from me were from a disc brake car.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM

hi eric, yeah thats what I referred to as car in pics, Just curious about difference between disc and drum trim rings...you sure the grille and lights are junk on that car?...thanks, cliff
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM

hi eric, yeah thats what I referred to as car in pics, Just curious about difference between disc and drum trim rings...you sure the grille and lights are junk on that car?...thanks, cliff
there is very little left that is good now. i have the disc front end parts and T&T column that is good. other than that maybe 1 or 2 pieces of trim. i got the engine and trans out and need the scrap people to get the rest. i would sell the disc brake parts for $50 plus shipping if someone needs them.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM

My 70's got discs and the only thing besides 2-3 trims rings I'd be interested in is the 69 headlites/grille ect for retro conversion on front end a notched rear bumper'd be nice to but budget is tight...thanks, cliff
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:45 PM

LOL way to tell em'
Old January 10th, 2010, 03:17 AM

First gen Toro came with drum and also disc brake wheels and unless you look close you would not determine the difference. The disc brake wheel has virtually no gap between the outer rim and center wheel hub and uses a very thin trim ring. The drum brake wheel has about a half inch gap between the outer rim and center hub section and uses a much wider and deeper trim ring. For this reason, you would not be able to use trim rings from a drum brake wheel on the disc brake wheel. The wheels also came in a riveted and welded versions for attaching the outer rim to the center hub. The center cap trims for either wheel are interchangeable but not the outer trim rings.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:23 PM

Hub cap needed

Try this guy Hank he has a Hub cap and a complete head light system
(732) 356-0600.