85 Toronado

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM

85 Toronado

I'm a recent owner of a 1985 Brougham. Looking to learn some hints on restoring thi baby. Any part suppliers you can refer me to is appreciated. This will be a "piece by piece" project as the wife has limited my budget! Thanks in advance.
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Big Daddy No Bucks

Are body & interior items what you seek ?.

In regards to new or repro stuff along those lines ...

About the only thing you will find are the bumper fillers & some new weatherstripping (if you're lucky) unfortunately.

USED is going to be your friend.

Start up a WTB thread with what you need - & get ready to start searching for an entire parts car - something in the scrap yards - swap meets - fleabay - etc etc.

You have your work cut out for you.

Hope you find what you're looking for ... the 79-85 Toro's are one of my all-time favorites.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Collector of Stray 55's

These are great cars, but as previously stated, hard to restore. Most stuff you'll have to have rechromed, rebuilt, etc - no repro stuff out there - just hunt and peck and find things along the way - saw a set of NOS wire wheel hub caps at Carlisle last year - stuff is there, just not in the forefront.

I have an 84 Caliente - owned it for 10 years - still can't find a good digital dash cluster or someone to repair mine.

I have a lot of interior parts from a totaled one I parted out, and some odds and ends. PM me if you have specific needs.

Don't get discouraged -
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback guys. My first priority is bumper fillers and I think I found a source for those (Replica Plastics). Eventually going to have to replace the antenna, and maybe the radio/cassete.