Tech Editor's Desk Projects, papers, writings, thoughts, musings of our technical editor Joe Padavano. To begin with, he will be making threads and can approve posts to it if he wishes. This can be changed in the future if it does not work out well.

Does anyone know ???

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM

Location: 25 miles North of Tampa, Land O' Lakes, Florida (Originally from Bethpage, Long Island, NY)
Does anyone know ???

I made a bonehead mistake today and drop my power window regulator. The little black wheel that fits into the window slot broke off. Does anybody know if this is part can be purchased from one of the vendors or am I SOL? Or will I have to buy a whole new regulator? I will attach a picture in reference to the little black wheel at the very tip of the arm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (29.8 KB, 67 views)
Old April 22nd, 2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by pfergy600
I made a bonehead mistake today and drop my power window regulator. The little black wheel that fits into the window slot broke off. Does anybody know if this is part can be purchased from one of the vendors or am I SOL? Or will I have to buy a whole new regulator? I will attach a picture in reference to the little black wheel at the very tip of the arm.
Contact Joe Padavano on this site he is a resident expert on almost everything.

Last edited by wr1970; April 22nd, 2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 05:39 PM

If you are talking about the window guide Roller(Wheel) That fits in the track and guides the window as it raises and lowers,Summitt Racing shows them in the catalogue. Larry
Old April 23rd, 2015, 08:20 AM

Location: 25 miles North of Tampa, Land O' Lakes, Florida (Originally from Bethpage, Long Island, NY)
This is the roller I was talking about, and thanks for answering my question. Hopefully we are talking about the same roller.
Old November 13th, 2016, 04:32 PM

Rest easy. These wheels are called "window rollers" and are easy to find. But you have to get the right size for your car since GM made a few different sizes and styles.

The replacement process is to drill out the existing rivet and pound a new one in place. Well, with the new roller on it. There are a few YouTube videos on this. Not hard, just time consuming since you have to remove the door panel,tar paper, regulator and glass to get at it. Then have more time to get it all back in place.

While you're in there, consider cleaning and greasing your window tracks and a door locks. And maybe vacuum any accumulated cr*p from the bottom of the door or quarter.
Old November 13th, 2016, 07:11 PM

He won't lose any time because the door is already apart.
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
He won't lose any time because the door is already apart.
This thread is from 2015. I hope he got it fixed long ago.