New Rear Control Arms On my 61 Olds

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM

New Rear Control Arms On my 61 Olds

I thought I would share some pictures of my new control arms made by Spohn Performance. I went this way after searching for two years for new bushing only to find out that they never made after market ones for 61-63 full size olds.

Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
61 Olds Arms2.jpg (59.8 KB, 63 views)
61 Olds Arms3.jpg (65.7 KB, 62 views)
61 Olds Arms4.jpg (65.2 KB, 59 views)
61 Olds Arms.jpg (66.9 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by KQQLCAT; November 3rd, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by KQQLCAT
I thought I would share some pictures of my new control arms made by Spohn Performance. I went this way after searching for two years for new bushing only to find out that they never made after market ones for 61-63 full size olds.

Pat
Pat, I thought of you when I saw these on eBay and was going to message you about them. How did these work out? I'm thinking about buying them when I'm done with my front suspension... Troy
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM

They worked great but I will never do this again buy myself it's definetly a two man job.
Pat
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by KQQLCAT

Pat
Hi Pat

I saw Spohn's ebay listing for these today as mine are on the way out. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has used them. As soon as I saw you pics I recognised them from Spohn's listing! I figured you're obviously a satisfied customer!

I noticed their listed upper arms are adjustable but yours are solid - do you know the reason for the difference? Was your price 'each' or has it recently gone up?

Thanks
Phillip
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM

Awesome, it is neat to see the car from their website on this forum. It is what convinced me to get some (have a 64 olds super 88). These guys do nice work. Bought mine a couple of months ago. I got adjustable uppers and solid lowers. Haven't installed them yet as I'm waiting on some rear end parts, but I have test fitted them and they are excellent.

One thing that should be noted with these is that I had to drill out the original mounting brackets a bit to accept the new larger bolts. It wasn't too much of a pain, but it is something to consider when ordering.

A Plus to them though. I wouldn't mind seeing the do some tubular front A arms for these cars!

Last edited by scooterbub; May 19th, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:45 AM

Mine were the first ones made by using my measurements. They didn't have the adjustable ones. They were $75.00 ea.
The adjustable ones were made right after mine I think that they thought they would sell more that way.

Originally Posted by MY0LDS
Hi Pat

I saw Spohn's ebay listing for these today as mine are on the way out. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has used them. As soon as I saw you pics I recognised them from Spohn's listing! I figured you're obviously a satisfied customer!

I noticed their listed upper arms are adjustable but yours are solid - do you know the reason for the difference? Was your price 'each' or has it recently gone up?

Thanks
Phillip
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:57 AM

Nice car!