1979 Oldsmobile Holiday 88 "Rocket" 350 vacuum diagram?

Old August 27th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Rocket "Scientist"

1979 Oldsmobile Holiday 88 "Rocket" 350 vacuum diagram?

Been trying to google a vacuum diagram for this car, it has cruise control, but that doesn't matter, I don't intend to use the cruise. I just want to know if I'm hooking up vacuum right, or if I've done it wrong. On the Chevy motor in my other Olds the trans got manifold and the dis got ported, but according to a couple 350/403 diagrams I've found, they should both be on manifold? Anyone got a diagram handy so I can fix this somewhat right? I'm running a Holley 750 at the moment.

Best I've found is this, VIA google, but I have no idea how accurate it is 'cause, some things don't add up. For instance, what on earth is the manifold vacuum source on the front of my intake for? (No, it's not a thermal valve or something, it's manifold vacuum coming out of the intake on a T). Also I don't recall even seeing a choke thermal vacuum switch on my manifold, but I'll look again.

But yet... According to a 1978 VIN R 350 / 403 diagram, the distributor should receive ported or manifold depending on how hot / cold the engine is? It goes through the thermal valve. I'm quite confused now, had this issue with my other car, 'cause someone monkeyed with the vacuum system. All of these hoses are going to make my head explode, especially trying to think of a way to route this properly without the stock carb, I'm sure a lot of this thermally controlled nonsense had to do with emissions, but I'm just trying to figure out what should go where.

So, fed emissions for '78 says the dis and trans have either ported or manifold depending on temperature, fed emissions for '79 are vague and just say manifold... Still confused.

Bottom image is '78, top is '79, note that neither document the vacuum T on my manifold. I will get a few pictures tomorrow, not sure how good they'll be, my camera died so I'm stuck with my cell phone.

Last edited by Dead Reckon; August 27th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.