Headers

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2019, 12:02 PM

Thanks guys, that is all good to know.

I think I will just get the exhaust system on where I want it, and use some of that crappy flex pipe stuff to get it to an exhaust shop. I can explain my concerns and they should be able to come off the passenger side header at a slight angle towards the fender and keep the filter clear to go straight on and off. They should be able to tuck it all up a lot nicer than I can in my garage with local parts store pieces and clamps.

I can weld, but don't currently have one and couldn't really use it in my 20'X22' garage anyway. There isn't much room left with both cars in there and covered up so I would be worried about a spark resulting in one big insurance claim. Once spring is here and I can get the cars out I will move some storage crap out and rearrange things so I can actually work in there with the cars.

I prefer that the back half of the exhaust be clamped (lap joint clamps) rather than welded just in case my girlfriend doesn't like the sound or it is too loud I can just change the mufflers. I personally think it is going to be too loud, but this is what she wanted and she will be the one driving the car, lol. The system came with super 40 series mufflers. Based on the chart they have it is the 4th loudest one. I think my Mustang has the Delta 50's on it and that is still with the factory cats and manifolds and it is loud enough for a daily driver. The super 40's are quite a far way down the chart to the loud side compared to mine so we will see.... maybe I am just getting old, lol.