1967 CS Holiday Coupe - 330 Oil Pressure Sensor

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2018, 05:10 PM

1967 CS Holiday Coupe - 330 Oil Pressure Sensor

I purchased an aftermarket 4-in-one tach, oil pressure, water temp, and voltage meter from Summit Racing. My car already has an aftermarket set of gauges (typical temp, oil pressure, water temp) that I want to eliminate.

The current oil pressure sensor is mounted below the alternator and uses a very small hole and passes oil pressure via an oil line to the gauge.

The new sensor is much larger, passes the signal electrically, and requires a much larger tapped hole. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can locate the new sensor?
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:33 PM

I made both of mine work together, I'm on the road this week do not have access to my pictures. Actually very easy,in a nut shell I mounted the "idiot light" switch on top of the oil pressure gauge sending unit with a few extra copper fittings I bought a Home Depot. Kind of like a redundancy feature- if one fail the other is back up. I installed the temp gauge on a different port on the intake and keep the temp "idiot light" too. Let me know if you like this set up, I can send you pictures Saturday. Keep in mind my Auto Meter oil pressure gauge is mechanical not electrical.
Old July 9th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Administrator

You don't need a new sensor, you need an adapter:

Old July 10th, 2018, 05:49 AM
Old(s) Fart

There is only one place to connect the oil pressure sender. You simply need the extension as used by the factory.

Old July 10th, 2018, 07:30 AM

I was thinking the same thing. the adapter with the 45 degree angle might be enough to get me past the Alternator and on top of the motor using the existing hole. If not, I know I can do it with multiple brass fittings.

Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2018, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by therobski
I made both of mine work together, I'm on the road this week do not have access to my pictures. Actually very easy,in a nut shell I mounted the "idiot light" switch on top of the oil pressure gauge sending unit with a few extra copper fittings I bought a Home Depot. Kind of like a redundancy feature- if one fail the other is back up. I installed the temp gauge on a different port on the intake and keep the temp "idiot light" too. Let me know if you like this set up, I can send you pictures Saturday. Keep in mind my Auto Meter oil pressure gauge is mechanical not electrical.
Yes, I am very interested in seeing pictures of what you have done.

Thanks!
Old July 10th, 2018, 12:37 PM

Joe is right. The 14-198 is all you need. I used this exact part to add the electrical sender to my 67 (330 and 403). Fits perfectly.
Tim