HEI distr. repair parts ( pins)

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2018, 07:26 AM

HEI distr. repair parts ( pins)

Anyone know do they still somewhere ( tried to google without luck) sell pins to advance plate? Those pins where centrifugial weights pivots around?
Mine are worn. I know they can be bushed too, but there are mentions that replacement pins have been available too atleast on some point.

New bushings available for shaft? Mine are tight, but just in case

OT: Have any of you ever took your distr. to parts? God, what a mess it was, i bet i know where half of my long lost ponies were. Sticking advance weights, dead return-spring on another, oil-passage on shaft clocked.. I quess few ever gives any thought to it, but i suggest you to do so.
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:19 PM
ph_ckstick1

IIRC msd and accell, davis HEI distributors, etc all offer them..
Old February 21st, 2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by midnightleadfoot
IIRC msd and accell, davis HEI distributors, etc all offer them..
Yes, everyone offers bushings but not the pins. I actually found some old numbers, but cant see do they match to anything since NAPA online and NAPA Canada are prohibiting entering from Finland to their site ( i quess, since they wont let me in with pc or phone).

Anyways, because of the intention to get everything old out of market because its "outdated" By not simply offering parts for it, i went another route, filled the pins, next i should sand them back to form, and then apply those bushing everyone offers.

How about those nylon pads where weights ride? My other was broken. Only replacement ive found to them has been to buy MSD weight kit for their own pro-billet distributor, take those nylon pads out and ditch the weights to trashbin.