Share your 350 rocket exhaust experiences

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2018, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by vette442
Thanks for the Classic Exhaust recommendation. Looks like just what I need for my stock survivor '72 Supreme, at half the cost of Inline Tube's system. Dual exhaust is the only upgrade I'm giving that car.
Terry
Did you ever get the classic exhaust on? I'm really curious what it sounds like, i'm a bit late on my car restoration but i'm getting ready to place an order!

A video would be awesome if you have or could take one!
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Check with Scott at Classic Exhaust - His stuff is well made, and requires no more than the usual amount of "massaging" to fit, and should cost less than that.

He's got a price list posted right on his site.

- Eric
Eric,

Do you have a video or audio track of your rig running the classic exhaust setup? I just had Scott quote me shipping to canada and it's quite reasonable.

Cheers!

-Tony
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Sorry, Tony. I could get one when it's warmer and I've got the car out, but I don't have anything now.
Honestly, though, I'm not in love with the reproduction of sounds on the internet. I found that when someone posts up and engine sound, I have a lot of trouble translating it into what it sounds like in real life.

The sound, with the mufflers that Scott provided, is definitely quite "throaty," without being flat-out loud, and, in my case, is moderated by the standard-issue Walker resonators I bought separately on eBay.

I do have these pictures of what the system looked like before I installed it, though:

- Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1143.jpg (2.04 MB, 121 views)
IMG_1144.jpg (2.76 MB, 118 views)
IMG_1145.jpg (985.3 KB, 115 views)
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Just an fyi, the muffler inlet/outlet should be the opposite of each other from side to side. Nice looking system.
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Yes, that's true. I hadn't even noticed - when I laid it out after pulling it out of the box, I was just trying to make sure that all of the pieces fit together, and that nothing was missing (that the system was as long as the car was, basically). I didn't try to orient the mufflers correctly.

- Eric
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Administrator

I understand, my comment was for the OP.
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Sorry, Tony. I could get one when it's warmer and I've got the car out, but I don't have anything now.
Honestly, though, I'm not in love with the reproduction of sounds on the internet. I found that when someone posts up and engine sound, I have a lot of trouble translating it into what it sounds like in real life.

The sound, with the mufflers that Scott provided, is definitely quite "throaty," without being flat-out loud, and, in my case, is moderated by the standard-issue Walker resonators I bought separately on eBay.

I do have these pictures of what the system looked like before I installed it, though:

- Eric
Hi Eric,

Those pictures look fantastic. Thanks for posting them! You should grab the boat over from Portland to Nova Scotia next summer so we can skip the video and hear the real thing! There's a great scallop festival/car show that is a great time. Pics below:

Last edited by Tony72Cutlass'S'; February 14th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:15 PM

What's wrong with the sky in your pictures? It's not clear and blue like I'm accustomed to seeing every day.
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Thanks, Tony, but I'm afraid I've moved to upstate NY, so I'm a bit farther away from the Maritimes than I used to be.

If you're ever near Kingston, NY, though, you should stop by. May even have the barn up by then (current problem is the excavator has cleared a nice site, but he's hit ledge, and I need to find the right "approved" solution for securing the posts).

- Eric
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
What's wrong with the sky in your pictures? It's not clear and blue like I'm accustomed to seeing every day.
Rain, and lots of it!
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:25 AM

Thanks, Tony, but I'm afraid I've moved to upstate NY, so I'm a bit farther away from the Maritimes than I used to be.

If you're ever near Kingston, NY, though, you should stop by. May even have the barn up by then (current problem is the excavator has cleared a nice site, but he's hit ledge, and I need to find the right "approved" solution for securing the posts).

- Eric
Man, that's a drag. Is blasting an option down in your area?

I'll definitely drop you a line if i'm around. Kingston's just down the road from Albany IIRC.
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
Man, that's a drag. Is blasting an option down in your area?
I think we should be able to drill and bolt in, but I've got to check into it further.

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
Kingston's just down the road from Albany IIRC.
About a hundred miles down the road...

- Eric