Vacuum Hose help???

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:14 PM

I just converted my 70 cutlass conv, 350, to HEI. Followed the tech pages here to the "t"- works great, but now my heater doesn't work. The fan blows but not heat. Gotta think the problem exists in one of two areas. When reconnecting all my vacuum hoses I came up with two connections that I have no idea where they go. First, the Black, round shaped Valve bolted to the firewall next to the regulator (a/c car) has a hose connection with no hose. Don't know if I removed it with the old air cleaner or if it's lying somewhere on the engine looking for a home. Second, there's a grey valve/vacuum cannister (not sure which) spliced into my heater hose right near the firewall (the hose going into the block not the water pump)-again, got a nipple on the end of it for a hose but can't figure out what goes there. Finally today I found an unconnected line coming from what looks like the top of the transmission (that's where it was hiding). Where goes it???? Obviously I'm learning as I'm bumbling through it so any expertise would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 20th, 2003, 09:53 PM

hello bubba having probs huh.well as for as the vacuumn canister one hos goes from it to your heater controls and the other needs to find a home going to your intake.thats where you get your vacuumn pressure from.the round switch youre talking about needs to be connected to the back of the fan blower.and as for as the transmission hose.you have two sources.one being the small one that connects to the modulator and the other that goes from the trans line to once again the intake for vacuumn pressure.i hope this helps.let me know what happens.
Old December 21st, 2003, 04:04 AM

Thanx Martine, printed out your reply and got to work...in less than five minutes I had everything hooked up and working perfectly. Such a relief, been mixing and matching hoses for a week trying to luck out...been overlooking the heater valve/cannister (for the heater controls) the whole time. Couldn't thank you enough...Merry X-mas...