oil splash shield

Old November 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 42
oil splash shield

I'm not sure if that's what its called. But its the shield under the intake. We just had our engine rebuilt with a roller cam and roller rockers but the oil shield hits the lifter connectors. I don't know if its a big deal or not if its there but that's why I'm asking if it matters or not?
sunsetlimited is offline  
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Redog's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Far Northeast Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,119
Mondello sells a upper windage tray. It's listed as fitting a 455, but it fits small blocks too. A lot of guys here claim it doesn't fit, but I had one in my 350 and I currently have one in my 330. Both fit fine and no drilling required.

The other option is a Fel-Pro "turkey tray" type gasket
Redog is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Brakes/Hydraulic Systems
October 2nd, 2010 06:09 PM
Parts For Sale
February 1st, 2010 10:23 PM
Parts For Sale
October 12th, 2009 06:43 PM
Parts Wanted
June 18th, 2009 08:24 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oil splash shield

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.