Edelbrock E-Street EFI

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2017, 04:29 AM

Edelbrock E-Street EFI

hi guys,

I am considering putting the Edelbrock EFI system on my 71 350. Has someone done this allready? I know you will need a good fuel delivery system. Was thinking about the internal fuel pump from Phantom Aeromotive. What do i need beside the EFI system and that fuel pump (distributor wich one and do i need a fuel presure regulator)? Can i use the stock fuel lines?

i don’t know if you need engine specs, but if you doni will post them to.

hope you can help me out a bit.

Greets,

Dennis Jacobs
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Jacobs
hi guys,

I am considering putting the Edelbrock EFI system on my 71 350. Has someone done this allready? I know you will need a good fuel delivery system. Was thinking about the internal fuel pump from Phantom Aeromotive. What do i need beside the EFI system and that fuel pump (distributor wich one and do i need a fuel presure regulator)? Can i use the stock fuel lines?

i don’t know if you need engine specs, but if you doni will post them to.

hope you can help me out a bit.

Greets,

Dennis Jacobs
Just read another thread on Edelbrock EFI system. The distributor seems to be a bit of a problem. The only one that works properly is the one Edelbrock makes. But they don’t make one for Oldsmobile engines.

Do the other systems also have such issues?
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:36 AM

Most other TBI systems have some sort of issue.
Imo the best, most trouble free TBI system would be the Holley Terminator. Plus it'll convert to multiport if you ever wanted to go that way.
Old November 20th, 2017, 05:52 AM

Isn’t the terminator to big for a small block? It does 1000 cfm i believe. And what kind of distributor will work on that EFI for my olds engine?
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
Most other TBI systems have some sort of issue.
Imo the best, most trouble free TBI system would be the Holley Terminator. Plus it'll convert to multiport if you ever wanted to go that way.
Did you fabricate your own multi-port manifold with a Holley Terminator? I recall reading posts about multi-port EFI manifolds for Oldsmobiles in the past. I thought nothing ever came of it.
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Jacobs
Isn’t the terminator to big for a small block? It does 1000 cfm i believe. And what kind of distributor will work on that EFI for my olds engine?
Terminator, Sniper and FITech all flow around 900-1000.
Olds64- I did my multiport years ago and used an Accel ECM. I've now removed that and replacing it with a new AEM Infinity.
Old November 21st, 2017, 06:52 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

I know guys like the Sniper a lot more than Fitech, some have ran both and they both cost the same. The AEM must be awesome if Mark is switching.
Old November 21st, 2017, 04:52 PM

I have the Sniper if you have any questions about that system.

In general, you must install any aftermarket fuel system 100% correctly. This includes wiring and fuel system. Many issues people have and blame on the product, end up being install error. You only need a certain distributor if you are going to use EFI for timing control. You can use the stock fuel line for low pressure return line only. Some systems come with a FPR.
Old December 20th, 2017, 05:10 PM

I'll be ordering the sniper very soon for my 77 350 , headers, rpm intake and mild cam. I'll love to hear some does and donts for the procedure. Also very interested in getting the proper dizzy for this set up. Thanks
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:10 PM

Do - take your time and don't rush or short cut the install. Proper wiring is very important. Order from an EFI specific vendor with good post-sale customer service. I ordered from https://www.efisystempro.com/sniper and I'm very happy with the customer service. I believe Mark (Cutlassefi above) is now a Holley dealer, and I'm sure his customer service would be great as well.

Don't - Expect it to solve other problems on your engine and end world hunger. Don't think you'll bolt it on, fire it up and be totally done. For optimum performance and happiness, there will be some tuning required after install.

I recently bought the cable to connect my laptop to the Sniper, for live tuning without needed to use the data card. Looking forward to fine tuning it in the Spring.

I'm using an MSD pro-billet dist, with no ignition box. (must use the coil driver provided with the Sniper) Other people claim their MSD ignitions (both the dist itself and the box) cause RF interference which causes all sorts of odd problems. They install the Holley dual sync distributor (hall effect style) and all is well. My MSD dist works fine.
Old December 20th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Justin

Originally Posted by Mr Nick
Do - take your time and don't rush or short cut the install. Proper wiring is very important. Order from an EFI specific vendor with good post-sale customer service. I ordered from https://www.efisystempro.com/sniper and I'm very happy with the customer service. I believe Mark (Cutlassefi above) is now a Holley dealer, and I'm sure his customer service would be great as well.

Don't - Expect it to solve other problems on your engine and end world hunger. Don't think you'll bolt it on, fire it up and be totally done. For optimum performance and happiness, there will be some tuning required after install.

I recently bought the cable to connect my laptop to the Sniper, for live tuning without needed to use the data card. Looking forward to fine tuning it in the Spring.

I'm using an MSD pro-billet dist, with no ignition box. (must use the coil driver provided with the Sniper) Other people claim their MSD ignitions (both the dist itself and the box) cause RF interference which causes all sorts of odd problems. They install the Holley dual sync distributor (hall effect style) and all is well. My MSD dist works fine.
Thanks for the info!! I have been reading up on all three of these efi systems.saving now to bite the bullet for my 455