Carb choice on '72 Cutty

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:05 AM

More flaming, multiple flames.
But enough goading you in...
You would think that this was ROP, but you know that crowd would not put up with your bullshyt.

You have no practical experience of your own, and that is why they would'nt.

I'm really surprised Joe has left you go on this long.
Once again...you have no practical experience.
Case in point:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...regulator.html
Laughable. And you call ME Merlin!!!
God knows what else you would have done, if he had told you to do it. Common sense comes with practical experience.
Or this:
Originally Posted by 71 Cutlass
If I replace my TH350 for the 200-4R, can I keep the torque converter and shift kit from the TH350? I have never had to think about an OD transmission (therefore know nothing about their internals), but like the idea of installing one b/c of my 3.42 gears and the freeway driving I have to do.
That is an honest good question...from a rookie car crafter.
Notice I said rookie. You at least attempt to have respect for the fellows that respond.
Respect is earned, and you have not earned any, especially on this thread.
Instead you have your machine gun mouth open with no bullets in the brain.
Now lets move on to this thread:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post197588
You sound like you know what you are talking about, minus a few points that NORM PUTS IN CORRECTLY (You object to anyone who differs from YOUR view).
At the top of post 7, you start with "remember this". You have NO link, nor any reference to what "THIS" is.
But guess what...I found your exclusive, elusive copied statement.
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...ad.php?t=11689
It was the first item listed when GOOGLED.
You copied and pasted half the manifest. From the 1st Googled page.
Talk about standing on the shoulders of others. I may have to call you googleboy.
Here is the second GOOGLE entry from the AMC forums:
http://www.theamcforum.com/forum/tim...post97911.html
Follow along...QUOTE
"The ORIGINAL reason the factory used ported vacuum was to help offset stumble when driving in town.
It's THE reason Chrysler and then Ford went with ported in the late 30's. (I'm a student of ICE history and development)
And clear up into the 70's, it was a reason. However, to deal with emissions and other little details, it got more complicated........... vacuum is an indicator of load. Timing needs to change with load and speed.
There is ANOTHER, besides ported or timed and that's VENTURI vacuum - some companies used that. It is taken from higher up, in the venturi area. What happens with MANIFOLD vacuum is that it DECREASES with high load and speed. Venturi vacuum INCREASES with speed and doesn't drop with load. It's typically used in combination with other controls but not always."

Now would your opinion change, if you read that? Or would you get on the AMC website and ask this soul if he was there with with the designers, and knew their intent?
Now, as for this:
As far as employment goes, and education, you don't even touch me.
First off, I could care less. Seems like you have a real ego to feed, and your car has caused you to troll here. No one here cares about your ego, but they do care how you treat others. "Treat others, as you would have them treat you"-recognize that? It's from the Bible.
Again...Respect is earned. If you had any, by now it has pretty much gone down the commode.
Responding to this post is fine. Name calling is not. Let's grow up. Intelligent people can disagree and discuss their positions without resorting to personal attacks. "Proof" of one's position should be based in verifiable facts. As you correctly point out in many posts above, without full knowledge of a particular situation, citing what someone else did is meaningless. I would suggest that you apply this standard of proof to yourself as well as others.
He was talking to you. Since you ignore his prompt, do not full read sentences, and feel above any form of authority, I will throw that in your face once more, being that you are too damnned ignorant to take Joe's clue.
I finish many of my posts with: MY OPINION. This is from what I have learned, and lived through. I know others may disagree, but they have earned that too.

I have at least earned that.

Your information?
You just copy and paste from another googled site. No experience of your own.

I could go on, but I think my point is well made.
You WILL be treated as you are treating others, I PROMISE you that.

Go stick a screwdriver in the back of your alternator Google boy.

MY OPINION.
Jim

Last edited by Warhead; September 23rd, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 08:23 AM
One of None W-31

Sorry Merlin,
But finding a post where I posted someone else's response to a car issue is meaningless. This is done by many people in an attempt to help others with questions. Noticed any posts I made that helped people were all left out..you know the one's showing practical experience. Googled info was meant to support a point...as I've said many do it to show they are not alone on an issue.you have no sense obviously. You've looked dumb from the begining and continue to look the same as you try to keep a post alive where you've looked foolish. Nothing you posted has anything to do with this carb thread. As a matter of fact your post above makes you look like a ranting lunatic who has spent hours obsessed with putting together a bunch of meaning less info. Get therapy. All of this and the fact you make up stories about your life to appear like a "real life" mechanic. Get a life. Stop posting on this thread (if you have any adult self control). The thread is over. Joe isn't happy about seeing your post here, ask him what he thinks about it. All of your name calling etc. and then saying putting down others shouldn't be done makes you nothing but a hypocrite. And then YOU quote the bible...totally absurd. If you want to be helpful give us the Superbowl and Worlds series info.

Last edited by 71 Cutlass; September 23rd, 2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Old(s) Fart

OK, I think we've let this go on long enough, so I'm shutting it down. Please don't start this up in another thread.