Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

More "New Posts"!!

Old October 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM

More "New Posts"!!

Okay, I finally want to complain...

I love the "New Posts" button at the top.
In fact I set that to be my desktop shortcut. I then skim through all the threads and open my desired ones into new windows (right click, open in new window).

However, This site only "remembers" the new posts in the last 24-36 hours. If I do not check in for a few days, i miss a lot of posts / threads I should (or want to) reply to. I can remember many of them, but certainly not all (or the names of the threads.)

Is there any way in heck that the site can remember ALL the new posts since a particular user has logged in? Maybe set a 1-2 week limit or such?
This was the ONLY thing I liked about the Olds googley group. It seemed to have no limits on new posts.
Can this be implemented here? Just wishful thinking...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; October 15th, 2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

I've never tried the new posts.... gonna have to check that out! I usually just go to forums and start looking and reading. I'm being learned now!
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I've never tried the new posts.... gonna have to check that out! I usually just go to forums and start looking and reading. I'm being learned now!
Skip picking through the different forums. Use today's posts and new posts. You won't miss a thing ,Today's posts is my fave.
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:13 AM

Red face Retarded

I'm a little slow so I just get yesterdays new posts...
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:31 AM

It is possible, yeah, but the administrator would have to either change the code or find one that is supposed to do that by default.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Wow I learned something. I like this feature alot!
Larry
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Loose Radical

I logged on after a 3 week absence and had 47 pages of new posts. The feature works for me.

My complaint is the time out.

I have the site up at work and have other things going on. If I am switching between tasks and I come back to the page it will have timed out and I lose the new posts if I haven't gone through them.
Old October 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by slowolds
I logged on after a 3 week absence and had 47 pages of new posts.
How is this possible? The most pages I ever get is three (24-36 hours worth). Is there a secret setting to enable todays posts versus new posts??

Originally Posted by slowolds
My complaint is the time out.
I have the site up at work and have other things going on. If I am switching between tasks and I come back to the page it will have timed out and I lose the new posts if I haven't gone through them.
Yep, I have the same complaint too...
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Membership Revoked by Admin

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Okay, I finally want to complain...

I love the "New Posts" button at the top.
In fact I set that to be my desktop shortcut. I then skim through all the threads and open my desired ones into new windows (right click, open in new window).

However, This site only "remembers" the new posts in the last 24-36 hours. If I do not check in for a few days, i miss a lot of posts / threads I should (or want to) reply to. I can remember many of them, but certainly not all (or the names of the threads.)

Is there any way in heck that the site can remember ALL the new posts since a particular user has logged in? Maybe set a 1-2 week limit or such?
This was the ONLY thing I liked about the Olds googley group. It seemed to have no limits on new posts.
Can this be implemented here? Just wishful thinking...
wow, another one who finds it difficult to find stuff..
Old October 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Select User CP https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/usercp.php Then select Edit Options https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...do=editoptions then find...

Default Thread Age Cut Off

You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown. Use Forum Default Show threads from last day Show threads from last 2 days Show threads from last week Show threads from last 10 days Show threads from last 2 weeks Show threads from last month Show threads from last 45 days Show threads from last 2 months Show threads from last 75 days Show threads from last 100 days Show threads from last year Show all threads Default Thread Age Cut Off:
Old October 20th, 2009, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Eightupman
Select User CP ........
I think this was what i was after - I guess i did not scroll down enough in options to find that setting...
THANKS! I will see how it does when i go on vacation later.

Originally Posted by gmrocket
Not hard to find stuff, I just want to see more!
If you have trouble finding a certain topic, log in and use the search function. Type in some keywords and you will find related topics - it works well.
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Loose Radical

I logged on after a 3 week absence and had 47 pages of new posts. The feature works for me.

[quote=Lady72nRob71;116943]How is this possible? The most pages I ever get is three (24-36 hours worth). Is there a secret setting to enable todays posts versus new posts??

I was going to say I have MAGIC powers but Eightupman ruined that premise..................
Old October 20th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Land Yacht Captain

Originally Posted by gmrocket
Buddy if you don't like the site then LEAVE or get over it and move on. Christ my 4 year old daughter doesn't whine this much!!!!
Old October 23rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
is Fast Enough ...

I just go to my old posts but first parts for sale so I can jump on any nos that pops up ...