Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Classic Oldsmobile Bumper Sticker????

Old September 21st, 2009, 09:20 AM

Classic Oldsmobile Bumper Sticker????

Did anybody ever have some made? I noticed that other forums have these made and then sell them to the members.
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM

I was just thinking of this today, but just make it as a decal so we could put them on the front or back window, or where ever we want. Would be a good fund raiser for the site. Also is there ever any gathering's for our club where weekend out of a year we could all meet instead of just behind a computer screen or am I behind the times. Just my thought's
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:31 AM
Registered

A fund raiser for the site?
How about using the cash to provide an open bar at the big convention?
My brother works the bar at Star Trek conventions.
He's weird but it would be a free Klingon bartender as long as you feed him, he eats live Tribbles whole.

This site is owned by a corporation that provides these sites for free so they can do targeted marketing.
They have 92 automotive sites alone and they own the Vbulletin forum platform, they really don't need any fundraising by us.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind more advertising for the site?
If they were smart they would provide the funds or just have T-shirts, hats, decals, ink pens, tea pot cozys, and coffee mugs made and sell them to us.
I did two of the three rotating page banners and lost and surrendered any rights to the designs as soon as they were used.
Very democratic here, three designs and pick all three.
Everybody would win at a Classic Olds car show.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:41 AM

Talking

Never new this, thought the site was built from one of the guy's here.Is there a convention for us classic old's junkies?Would be nice to have a social gathering, a bar set up isn't a bad idea, as long we don't tie a ripper on and screw around with our cars.. That would be a finish to our start. Also do we have a forum on here where we could register our Olds cars, make model, VIN#,don't use all the vin # though. To me would kinda be neat to see what ever one has for cars on the site. Just a thought.
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Past Administrator

Mention a bar (and beer) and I will be there. The only all Oldsmobile event I can think of is the OCA get together at Byron Raceway every year (I think, or something like that).
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:03 PM

Good to go that makes 2 of us, any other's? I am serious about a Classic Olds get together, just need another couple of guy's on board and I think we could pull it off.
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:01 PM

That would be alot of fun count me in from bc
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM

So where can we hold this convention and who else do we have to get a hold of? Should see if the moderator's are on board, they would be the deciding factor.
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
71 cutlass convertible

I was thinking maybe some sort of regional thing in 4 or 5 places. Instead of one big show/getogether.
Larry
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:23 AM

That could work, but we need alot of people from this forum for it to work,need volunteer's,where we could hold these convention's. Would be nice if a race track is close by. Guy's who want to race , they can. Would have to be in HP rating class,burn out competition, cruise night and so on.Some kind of a social evening with a supper.Some speakers, I don't have a clue what they could talk about. Also be able to sell shirts, hats,Classic Olds car stickers, poster, and so on.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 05:04 PM

Years ago I played Fighter Ace online and we has a get together at the Mall of America ant there was a bunch of us. It was a success I would say. I still chat with a few I met that one day. If it's a reasonable distance, I'd be there!
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM

Well should we move this post to general discussion, more people will notice it and we will see what the rest of the forum think
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM

I'm in. Just make it a warm place. I'm so sick of winter
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM

Okay I will move the post to general, hope it doesn't get moved. Would be great
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Mention a bar (and beer) and I will be there. The only all Oldsmobile event I can think of is the OCA get together at Byron Raceway every year (I think, or something like that).
Ummmm, All Oldsmobile events....

How about:

OCA Nationals - Annually in different locations (this year in Reno NV 7/23 - 31)

NAOC Nationals - Annually in different locations (this year in Wheeling WV 6/22 - 25)

Oldsmobile Homecoming - Annual, Saturday before Father's Day (Lansing MI)

Mid-Missouri Oldsmobile Show - Annual, this year June 3-5 (Tan-Tar-A Resort, Osage, MO) This one does include Buicks and Pontiacs, but is billed as an Olds show.

Quad States Oldsmobile Show - Annual, this year September 16 - 17 (Cedar Rapids, IA)

Rocketfest - Annual, this year August 13 (Westfield Center, OH).

I'm sure I missed a few, this link http://www.oldsclub.org/OldsmobileEvents.htm can add a few more.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:27 PM

How many of us know other people that goes to those.I am new at this, to me it would be different to go to those show's without knowing any one. If we had a Classic Olds convention, it's people that we have been communicating with for how long,gives us a chance to meet one another and what ever else is held at the convections
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM

BTW, just kicking the tires to see what people think
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM

I go to the shows more for the cars than the people, but I've never met a friendlier bunch of people than those at Olds shows. The cars give you a ready made reason to have a conversation and most people who own Olds' just seem to me to be really nice.

Oh, just realized I forgot the annual Dick Miller Oldsmobile Nationals at Norwalk Raceway in Norwalk OH. Nothing but a bunch of Oldsmobiles lined up and facing off in the 1/4 mile. What a blast!
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM

You go to these often then? I want to go to them when my olds is on the roll. What goes on at these shows?Info please
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:01 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by Kyle's 77 Cutlass
BTW, just kicking the tires to see what people think

Dang tire kickers i tell ya...

J/K. depending on where or when it is i would be willing to go. last year i was going to go to the NTOC zone show but i ended up going to the BOP shootout. Luckily i didnt go cause it rained the whole weekend up there... But yeah i would be up for one.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Sounds like people are interested, we may be able to have a CO show.Hope we can do it
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Getting There

Originally Posted by 442_Mustang
Years ago I played Fighter Ace online and we has a get together at the Mall of America ant there was a bunch of us. It was a success I would say. I still chat with a few I met that one day. If it's a reasonable distance, I'd be there!

hahaha I used to play to ...too bad it went in the crapper
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:46 AM

This just in, and contract signed: North Texas Olds Club annual Zone Show at the Marriott Hotel across Highway 114 (off IH35W) from Texas Motor Speedway(20 miles north of downtown Ft Worth) October 7-9, 2011. Judged event, trophies, Hospitality Suite, great Hotel, Saturday evening racing at North Star Dragway in Denton (25 miles north up IH35W), Sunday morning Awards presentation, group room rates at inclusive prices. Much more to come, just save the date, and plan on being there!! Several of us on CO will be attending.
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Collector of Stray 55's

back to the decal thing...

were there ever any - will there be? If people had on their car others could see at random events and say, "hey, I'm on CO too!" - Oh...YOU'RE Olds Dad, or - in a more disappointed, somber voice...YOU'RE Olds Dad...
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:27 AM
NôôB

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
This just in, and contract signed: North Texas Olds Club annual Zone Show at the Marriott Hotel across Highway 114 (off IH35W) from Texas Motor Speedway(20 miles north of downtown Ft Worth) October 7-9, 2011. Judged event, trophies, Hospitality Suite, great Hotel, Saturday evening racing at North Star Dragway in Denton (25 miles north up IH35W), Sunday morning Awards presentation, group room rates at inclusive prices. Much more to come, just save the date, and plan on being there!! Several of us on CO will be attending.

I will plan on being there also this year. As always though depending on car situation or when the BOP shootout as well. But i will let the STOC know that is planned for that weekend.

Back on the Bumper sticker thing, i would maybe try sending a message to Bigjerr, he makes calendars and might have an idea on what to do with that.
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM

I don't know about a bumper sticker, but a window decal. If you every wanted to remove it it will be easier. I will PM and see what comes out of it. It would be great to have them. Who would draw one up?
Old April 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Old(s) Fart

If the goal is to be able to identify forum members at shows, I'll suggest t-shirts. Years ago (DECADES ago!?) the members of the old Chubecto mail listserver site printed up "@olds" t-shirts (or something like that) and sold them.
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:18 PM

Right on, we are getting some interest, now we need some kind of a design. Who here is able to draw something up? Any takers?
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Any updates on these window decals?