Site Suggestions Post your suggestions or ideas here on how we could improve ClassicOldsmobile.com.

Place on this site for vendors to hawk their stuff

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Place on this site for vendors to hawk their stuff

As I read Monzas (sp) post on an olds rear end, it occurred to me that some people on this site have an Olds related small business (or some other business for that matter). Would a seperate section be practical for this. We have the cars & parts for sale section, but maby an additional spot for legitimate business' that have earned our trust may be worth it. I've noticed that the buick GN site has one of these (not that I ever visit there). If I'm going to buy stuff anyway, I'd rather support a member here than some no-name I search on the internet. I realize that commercialization may ruin sites too, so if it is a stupid idea just say so.
By the way....I don't have anything to sell. It's just an idea.
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I agree that some members should be able to support their olds business. The problem is, discrimination, and who's right or wrong. Which can never be determined indefinitly.
As far as monzaz (jim) or 2Blu442 posting, I welcome it. They're nice guys with fair deals.
Some others who I disagree with their pricing, or business practices, I do not welcome with open arms.
Oldspower.com has vendor sponsors. If you pay x amount, you can advertise as a vendor there. It seems to work ok but since they have that policy, non vendor posts are unwelcome, which sometimes sucks.
It's politics plain and simple. If I think someone is a jag, I won't welcome their posts, and probably bust their *****.
Who made me god though? No one.

I'm just the appointed junk man admin of the site.

Last edited by J-(Chicago); February 25th, 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

It's a wild world out there, with all types of people. I'll let people post whatever they want for sale. Don't be offended when I say your price sucks though.