Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Picture Uploading Help!!!

Old June 10th, 2018, 04:25 PM

Picture Uploading Help!!!

Every time I post pics to this site they are always rotated so they are upside down...even after I rotate and save the pics upside down on my computer (thinking then they would load rightside up..right??!!), and then upload them, they still are always upside down after I post them...what gives?? Please help!!!
Old June 27th, 2018, 08:05 PM

Try an image hosting site. I use imgur.com. Create an account and then upload images. Once images are uploaded you have the option to rotate the image if it doesn't upload as you wanted. Click on the photo after it is uploaded, and in the bottom right corner of the image click "edit image". You will see an option to rotate the image above the photo.

To post in Classic Oldsmobile, click on photo after uploading and on the right side it has a bunch of options. Copy and paste the url under "BBCode (message boards and forums)". Simply paste that url into your post where you want your photo and you are good to go.
Old July 26th, 2018, 08:43 AM

Help with transferring pictures from Google Photos to Classified Ad section

Do you have advice on transferring pictures from Google Photos application to the Classic Oldsmobile site. Trying to sell car and having difficulties in process.
Old July 26th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Administrator

This method except that you use the Upload from URL address.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-pictures.html
Old December 24th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Old(s) Fart

And one more time using Chrome.

Old December 24th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Administrator

This usually happens with apple products directly from the phone or Ipad.
Old December 24th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Running On Empty

Sometimes it's the experience level of the user, as well. Was the image captured in Landscape orientation or Portrait orientation? Was an image captured in Landscape orientation uploaded directly to CO (and, now appears turned CW/CCW). Was the image (captured in either Landscape or Portrait orientation) uploaded to a user PC, modified then uploaded to CO? What imaging software was employed to render the original image? Was a Landscape-captured image (via Xphone) imported into a user's PC imaging s/w program as a default Portrait orientation? Was the original image captured via XPhone default (Camera) imaging s/w or via an Imaging App? Generally, s/w rendering of image bitmaps remains consistent across most web-hosting platforms & among most vendors; however, this is not always true. There are many variables.

CO is hosted on some very fast hosting servers. The website is configured very well. I believe I read several user's comments suggesting the 'current' imaging UPLOAD feature is different than a previous imaging UPLOAD feature. I'm not certain if 'feature' is the correct term or if program or s/w is the correct term (since, I don't know if the imaging upload capability is a feature of the website, a separate 3rd-party add-on program, etc.

Often times (and, on many other websites which host a significant amount of images), user's can perform basic features of FLIP & ROTATE (CW/CCW) after the image is uploaded. This is accomplished (if the feature exists) by turning on this feature in the website's THEME. It's much like any other feature which is either turned ON or OFF (i.e. default cursor @ user login screen, set maximum pixels, minimum pixels, remember me - and several hundred more). In any case, the capability to FLIP & ROTATE (CW/CCW) an image, may be available as a feature on the CO THEME; but, not instantiated (or, it may not exist).

Last edited by Vintage Chief; December 24th, 2018 at 05:00 PM.