Site Help Ask your questions here about how to use the site.

Can I be alerted to new items for sale?

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2018, 05:29 AM

Can I be alerted to new items for sale?

I usually look at the site once early in the morning and once in the evening. This is not enough to keep from getting "beat" out of some small items in the parts for sale section. Last couple items I would have bought were already spoken for. Is there a way I can be emailed when a new item is offered in the parts for sale section? I know when you subscribe to a thread you can get notifications, but can you get notifications when someone adds a thread to this section? Thanks, Greg.
Old February 24th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Not to my knowledge.
Old February 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
I usually look at the site once early in the morning and once in the evening. This is not enough to keep from getting "beat" out of some small items in the parts for sale section. Last couple items I would have bought were already spoken for. Is there a way I can be emailed when a new item is offered in the parts for sale section? I know when you subscribe to a thread you can get notifications, but can you get notifications when someone adds a thread to this section? Thanks, Greg.
Join the club, I have missed out on a couple of nice items I would have bought in an instant, but then again I have beaten a few guys as well.
Old February 24th, 2018, 11:06 AM

Yeah, I guess it really is like the old newspaper classified ads. I'm not complaining, just wondered...
Old February 25th, 2018, 06:34 AM
344879M363895

Just like you can subscribe to a thread, you can also subscribe to a particular forum or subforum. However, the options for that subscription are only: no email notification, daily email notification, or weekly email notification.

I've been a member at many other forums where you have the option for "instant email notification." This is just an admin function that must be enabled from within vBulletin. However, the admins might not want to enable it.
Old February 25th, 2018, 06:55 AM
Administrator

All options available for notifications can be set through your user cp. The site rules are set by the owners.
Old February 25th, 2018, 09:32 AM
72 Olds CS

Guys what I can do is after I'm done perusing any new for sale ads I will send you each an email and then you can review the ads if there's anything left
Old February 25th, 2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Guys what I can do is after I'm done perusing any new for sale ads I will send you each an email and then you can review the ads if there's anything left
Mighty kind of you!