Silhouette air shocks

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2013, 08:18 PM

Silhouette air shocks

Has anyone replaced the rear air shocks in a Silhouette? I used the Monroe MA826 shocks in our '03. They looked identical to the rusted out ones I took out. They factory lines hooked up to them but the old lines were very difficult to remove because of the rust inside the fitting. I have no doubt I damaged them taking them out since there is a slight leak somewhere as the pump kicks in every few minutes. Unfortunately, the lines that come with the new shocks have the correct fitting on one end only. The other end uses a screw on compression type fitting. I'm think I may have to check with a dealer for hoses.

I do think I may be able to make a set by using two hose kits so I can get enough clip on ends and may try that this weekend.

Anybody dealt with this and have any tips?
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:47 AM

I replaced them on our Silhouette a couple years ago. The fittings came right out and threaded into the new shocks so I won't be much help. Does the parts store carry the line and fittings? I would think the line and fittings would be an easy find?
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:35 PM

The lines the parts stores carry have the clip on end, which connects to the shocks, on one end and use compression type threaded fittings on the other end. The factory lines have clip on ends on both ends. It's AWD with the auto leveling system so maybe they are different.