Data logs

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2015, 01:02 PM

Data logs

I have a suggestion for you guys who use them. Have you had problems keeping them straight in your book? Here is what i do.I take two envelopes and tape them to the back page of my log book.One for time trial and one for eliminations. I number them in a corner with the ink pen that i take to log them in the book.I use old shoe boxes to keep the slips in the box has envelopes with the day i raced and where on the front.I also put the log book in the shoe box at the end of the year.My log books and time slips go back to 2001 to present. I hope this helps.
Old August 10th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

you could also use scrap books which have a double sided laminated pouch deal so you could slide pictures in and stuff. You write your data slip it in the clear page then the times slip slides in and bang ! done this way when you open your pages the time slips are with the info. Im not one to log data but i have seen that done before.
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
you could also use scrap books which have a double sided laminated pouch deal so you could slide pictures in and stuff. You write your data slip it in the clear page then the times slip slides in and bang ! done this way when you open your pages the time slips are with the info. Im not one to log data but i have seen that done before.
There is a chemical reaction over a period of time with those scrapbooks. Learned that with card collecting.The envelope has none they look as good as the day they were printed because they are in a dark environment. A old man who raced talked me into doing it the way i described and it is cheap!Sometimes i am that!LOL Black sharpie works good to date the box.I have some with several years when i didn't make a large amount of passes. Thanks for your Reply i just wish they made them different so they did have a reaction to the white paper.
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:15 PM

Hey copper you got a pm.