One more video

Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:48 AM

One more video

Yes I know enough.........Taken at Cedar Falls Raceway (home track) 1/8 mile racing. Use the full screen option.......LOL.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
MOTORHEAD

Big Smile :d
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM

Very nice Nick, you can never post too many racing videos
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
1974 DELTA 88

Love it!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Looks good. Big Stock/Super stock meet at Kearney this weekend, Im sure theres a no box class there just for you, its just a hop skip and a jump away for you, I plan on being there myself this weekend.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
MOTORHEAD

Cordova
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:23 PM

what was that other dude running?
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
MOTORHEAD

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
what was that other dude running?

behind
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM

My car was running low 6.20s so I assume that other guy was mid to high 5s.

Something I don't understand. Stats say this post has had almost 150 views, yet the YouTube says only 38 views? What did you other people do? If you watched it you could almost feel the car come back to earth. That
was one of the higher wheelies, so it came down harder.

Last edited by 380 Racer; October 2nd, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:45 PM

People click the thread hoping to magically see a video but when they realize they have to click an external link to youtube they back out More or less lol!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Banned

I watched it.

It's got to get old getting beat by those Chevy powered cars all the time.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Not me, went all the way baby! I liked the burnout shakes as much as the wheelie. Almost felt like you were in the car. Really cool!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM

Looks like he does a 3rd gear burn out. I always thought it was very hard on the trans.
I do 1st to 2nd then out.

Gene
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:08 AM

Gene, I'm not a trans guy but was told years ago not to shift 1-2 in the burnout. Something in the trans has to reverse direction. Have been doing high gear only burouts for the last 7-8 yrs. With both the 400 and the 350, no problems attributed to doing that procedure.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:18 AM

Nyuk....nyuk....nyuk

"This message is hidden because SBORule is on your ignore list"

Last edited by 380 Racer; October 3rd, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by SBORule
I watched it.

It's got to get old getting beat by those Chevy powered cars all the time.
Just curious, what happens when you line the 12 sec yellow monster (black mamba) up against the chevies in the other lane....?

Last edited by VORTECPRO; October 3rd, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VORTECPRO
Just curious, what happens when you line the 12 sec yellow monster (black mamba) up against the chevies in the other lane....?
I'm just saying .........

This is what ? The third time 380 Racer has started a new topic to post yet another link to a video or pictures of his car, which he could of done by just posting all this in his first topic 9sec Olds Video.

But no, he's got to spam the Racing/Performance section, which he didn't even want in the first place on this website, with topics about his car, if not seeing pictures of his car every time he post a message isn't enough.
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:11 AM

I'm just saying .........

This is what ? The third time 380 Racer has started a new topic to post yet another link to a video or pictures of his car, which he could of done by just posting all this in his first topic 9sec Olds Video.

But no, he's got to spam the Racing/Performance section, which he didn't even want in the first place on this website, with topics about his car, if not seeing pictures of his car every time he post a message isn't enough.
Bruce, this couldn't be further from the truth. The racing and high performance section, and the guys that race on this website are the only reason Nick even comes here anymore. I know he is a member at other sites, but myself and a couple others are what keep him coming here. I personally like his input and look up to him for his experience. Please don't promulgate incessant lies about Nick, or any other member.

I don't know much of your past association with Nick, and I don't care to. I have spoken with Nick on the phone and through messages and from what I gather he is a level headed, experienced racer that has many accomplishments under his belt. From my vantage point, I see an envious person berating the accomplishments of another in a relentless and immature manner.

If you don't understand the above, then maybe you will get the point when I ask you; where is your 9 second SBO? Don't have one? Then quit belittling the guy that does.
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:32 AM

Thanks Steve, your support is appreciated. I have him on my "ignore list" on this site. Also on that list over on High Performance Olds site of BTR's. Bruce is also banned from Olds Power and Real Olds Power. What does that tell ya? I am very proud of my car, no matter what he tells you, I have busted my butt for 29 years, building and racing my car. Yes I have had help with different things from friends (so sue me ).
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:42 AM
NOVICE car nut

I think you have a very cool car Nick ! The other guy must of got beat up in grade school or something !
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
Bruce, this couldn't be further from the truth. The racing and high performance section, and the guys that race on this website are the only reason Nick even comes here anymore. I know he is a member at other sites, but myself and a couple others are what keep him coming here. I personally like his input and look up to him for his experience. Please don't promulgate incessant lies about Nick, or any other member.

I don't know much of your past association with Nick, and I don't care to. I have spoken with Nick on the phone and through messages and from what I gather he is a level headed, experienced racer that has many accomplishments under his belt. From my vantage point, I see an envious person berating the accomplishments of another in a relentless and immature manner.

If you don't understand the above, then maybe you will get the point when I ask you; where is your 9 second SBO? Don't have one? Then quit belittling the guy that does.
Funny you are sticking up for a guy who told you this site is only OK and it didn't need a Racing/Performance section when you were trying to get people to post a reply showing interest for a racing/performance catagory on this site and he said it wasn't necessary because REALOLDSPOWER.COM is the first place he goes because it's the premier website for Oldsmobile Tech and Racing.

As far as his accomplishments, what are they ? No Box Champ ? He wasn't even driving. He didn't build his car, that's all BS. You are being sucked into the ROP cult and you don't even realize it. I see that other ROP Cult member has made you one of those little picture banners for ya, have you drank the Kool aid yet ?

My car is a street car, it runs on pump gas and I can drive it anywhere I want and even tow a 18ft bass boat behind it too. If you were to line Mr. BSer car up in one lane and put "me" yes I said me, the guy who not only built his car but drives it, in the other lane and gave me 2 lights on the tree, handicap start, we both be going across the finish line @ the the same time.

So, no his car doesn't impress me, he doesn't impress me one bit because I know who this guy is, I know what he's all about.

This website is pointless, because if someone ask a question, you will just get a link to realoldspower.com for answers. Why ? Because they don't know anything, what they know they have been told or read.

Oh BTW, I'm not banned from OldsPower.com I just don't go there anymore.
I got banned from the Ripping Off People website because I questioned why the Russell Hunt was censoring the truth about someone getting ripped off by an Olds Vendor.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Guy's does it matter who built your engine or did your car. I ask alot of people did you do your body work ? Many will say no. There is diffrent levels of enthusiast. Why so negative. So he has a kick *** 9 sec car. i doubt you would be able to build the cage. Or the paint work, . My point is not to offended but to point out we all cant do it on our own. Some know more than others . Some have deeper pockets whats wrong with that.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM

So that's what it's like....closest I'll ever get.....very cool,and a little scary,unless your used to it I suppose..Oh Yeah and there is always room for one more racing video....JMO

Last edited by drjr56; October 4th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Funny you are sticking up for a guy who told you this site is only OK and it didn't need a Racing/Performance section when you were trying to get people to post a reply showing interest for a racing/performance catagory on this site and he said it wasn't necessary because REALOLDSPOWER.COM is the first place he goes because it's the premier website for Oldsmobile Tech and Racing.

As far as his accomplishments, what are they ? No Box Champ ? He wasn't even driving. He didn't build his car, that's all BS. You are being sucked into the ROP cult and you don't even realize it. I see that other ROP Cult member has made you one of those little picture banners for ya, have you drank the Kool aid yet ?

My car is a street car, it runs on pump gas and I can drive it anywhere I want and even tow a 18ft bass boat behind it too. If you were to line Mr. BSer car up in one lane and put "me" yes I said me, the guy who not only built his car but drives it, in the other lane and gave me 2 lights on the tree, handicap start, we both be going across the finish line @ the the same time.

So, no his car doesn't impress me, he doesn't impress me one bit because I know who this guy is, I know what he's all about.

This website is pointless, because if someone ask a question, you will just get a link to realoldspower.com for answers. Why ? Because they don't know anything, what they know they have been told or read.

I got banned from the Ripping Off People website because I questioned why the Russell Hunt was censoring the truth about someone getting ripped off by an Olds Vendor.
Bruce, probably you should bury the hatchet, or you could build a small block olds powered 3250 (so he says, 596 HP to run 133 @ 3250 ) pound car that runs faster than a 9.83, but I have seen that angelfire thing and im thinking that just maybe you should just bury the hatchet, could you post a picture of the boat behind the yellow mamba?

Last edited by VORTECPRO; October 10th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:22 AM

Bruce, here's a post just so you can see MY CAR again.
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:58 AM

Very COOL!!!
I am unaware of the "shifting during the burn-out", but then again I haven't raced an automatic for over 20 years. Back then I ran a Turbo 400 (ATI) with SBC in the 10s and had the same engine-trans. for 7 seasons racing 4-5 times a week. Always shifted warming up the tires, but never had the tune-up set on kill---very budget minded.
Keep 'em coming 380!!!!!!
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:27 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by joesw31
Nick, I lick the video!
No licking videos , you're not a dog !
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:56 AM

Utter lie, the thread is below. Nick never even posted in it:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-section.html

In fact, the first post in the new section Nick said he was glad to see it:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post391113

I suppose you know how old Nick is, and the health problems he's had? It's amazing he's alive and you rack his ***** like he's a teenager. Grow up man.

Oh yah, for the record I made my own banner I'm not a member of ROP.

I'll run you light for light, two street cars...when you lose are you going to accuse me of having someone else build my car? And just so you know, if all you got was 2 lights against Nick you'd lose, badly. When was the last time you were at a track? Was it back in the 80's? The ONLY video you ever posted of your car running was a grainy VHS recorded video taken LONG ago. And yes, now I am being critical of you...you ask for it.

Really? Through the internet? Likely.

There are several of us that are trying to change that. I thought you were in on it but your true colors are coming back out...remember Richard Noggin?

I really could care less. When YOU are THE guy that stands out as being a jerk you have to ask yourself if the other 5,000 members are wrong, or could it be you?
I didn't expect that my message above would get through to you. Remember our PM's? I like you Bruce, I think you have experience to bring to the table that other people don't...like NOS. But when you start going back into picking on people you subvert your message and the credibility of your words.
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Once Olds Always Olds

Everbody has their opinion, and here is mine. I like CO better than the other Olds websites, because in it does not have the personal insults and peeing contest that plague the other websites. I have found this website very helpful, and the vast majority of the people friendly, fun loving, car people. MY KIND OF PEOPLE.
It seems simple enough that if you don't have interest in a post, go on to another.
I like racing pic and videos. Keep them coming.
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by SBORule
Utter lie, the thread is below. Nick never even posted in it:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/...e-section.html
That's because someone deleted what he said, seems like that happens on this website regularly.

In fact, the first post in the new section Nick said he was glad to see it:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/...tml#post391113
That's because the category became a reality.

Originally Posted by SBORule;
I suppose you know how old Nick is, and the health problems he's had? It's amazing he's alive and you rack his ***** like he's a teenager. Grow up man.
As I said before, I only reply to negativity with the same. If he wants to provoke me and make snide remarks, I'll do the same. If he wants to come on here and act like he does, he going to get a negative reply. Click on his profile and read all his post and replys, he doesn't come across as such a nice guy.

Oh yah, for the record I made my own banner I'm not a member of ROP.
Sometimes I think you guys with these picture banners, post alot because you like seeing your cars.

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by SBORule;
I'll run you light for light, two street cars...when you lose are you going to accuse me of having someone else build my car?
Someone builds your engine and transmission, I don't know about the rest of your car. Your car isn't much quicker than mine motor on motor, when you look at the two motors spec wise, side by side, 2 tenths isn't something to be bragging about.

And just so you know, if all you got was 2 lights against Nick you'd lose, badly.
His best run is 9.87, I can run 10.90's, that's two lights on a .500 tree. If I took off my exhaust and put some slicks on my car, it could be in the 10.70 range.

When was the last time you were at a track? Was it back in the 80's? The ONLY video you ever posted of your car running was a grainy VHS recorded video taken LONG ago. And yes, now I am being critical of you...you ask for it.
[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="4"]The video you are referring to was shot in August 2010. I went a few more times after that video, then the aluminum started rattling around in the passengers side head, one night I went out for a cruise and I thought I spun a bearing. The car sat on jackstands for over a year before I even tore the engine apart. The shortblock has been in the car since 1987.[/QUOTE]

Really? Through the internet? Likely.
I meant what I said.

[QUOTE=SBORule;This website is pointless, because if someone ask a question, you will just get a link to realoldspower.com for answers. Why ? Because they don't know anything, what they know they have been told or read.[/QUOTE]

There are several of us that are trying to change that. I thought you were in on it but your true colors are coming back out...remember Richard Noggin?
You're taking sides.

Oh BTW, I'm not banned from OldsPower.com I just don't go there anymore. I got banned from the Ripping Off People website because I questioned why the Russell Hunt was censoring the truth about someone getting ripped off by an Olds Vendor.
I really could care less.
If you paid your Engine $12,500 in advance to build you an engine and said engine builder turned around 6 months later and tells you that you need to come up with an additional X amount of money or he will sell your engine to someone else, would you care then ?

When YOU are THE guy that stands out as being a jerk you have to ask yourself if the other 5,000 members are wrong, or could it be you?
What 5000 members have I been a jerk to ?

I didn't expect that my message above would get through to you. Remember our PM's? I like you Bruce, I think you have experience to bring to the table that other people don't...like NOS. But when you start going back into picking on people you subvert your message and the credibility of your words.
I'm not picking on people, click on my ProFile and click on the read all post by SBORule, and you'll see that and you will see that I offer help and advice and I don't jump their *** like your new friend does, when they disagree.
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Old October 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Banned

Do you have ScreenGrab Steve ?

Comes in handy when stuff gets deleted.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM

Again Bruce, a post so you can enjoy the pics of MY car .

This is what I see when you post.

"This message is hidden because SBORule is on your ignore list."

Last edited by 380 Racer; October 6th, 2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 380 Racer
Again Bruce, a post so you can enjoy the pics of MY car .

This is what I see when you post.

"This message is hidden because SBORule is on your ignore list."
I would suggest taking this up with an admin . I don't know what the story is , but it is NOT right for someone to come in here and just blatantly bash you because of something from the past . I thought we were all grown ups here , and that shows the maturity level of this guy ! No one is perfect , and i'm sorry for the dumb little comment I made toward Bruce myself a few days ago . It WAS inmature of me to do that , and it doesn't help the situation by doing that .
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
I would suggest taking this up with an admin . I don't know what the story is , but it is NOT right for someone to come in here and just blatantly bash you because of something from the past . I thought we were all grown ups here , and that shows the maturity level of this guy ! No one is perfect , and i'm sorry for the dumb little comment I made toward Bruce myself a few days ago . It WAS inmature of me to do that , and it doesn't help the situation by doing that .
Bruce has followed me around to the Olds sites for 11-12 years now, nipping at my heels with his lies........I guess I should be used to it .
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM

x2 On that. I got bashed real hard about my Chevy Powered 88 Cutlass Pro Streeter.
At ROP a few years ago. Left and never went back.
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 380 Racer
Bruce has followed me around to the Olds sites for 11-12 years now, nipping at my heels with his lies........I guess I should be used to it .
Like I said . It just goes to show you and how silly this is . There is something eating at this guy in life , and he feels compelled to do this religiously through the years to you .... How sad !

I suppose us talking about this is just fueling his fire , so maybe we should ALL just ignore him till he can act appropriate . Don't get me wrong , I act up myself , but at least I admit I do !
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Past Administrator

SBORule, you said this.

"That's because someone deleted what he said, seems like that happens on this website regularly."

I think that could have only been the original poster. If you think we delete complete posts regularly that isn't true. I have had to clean some posts up due to language usage or perhaps when the flaming between two members got so intense that the entire thread became useless but otherwise it hasn't happened. In this thread only one post was deleted and that was by the poster and it wasn't contentious.

I don't know what the beef is between you and 380 Racer but please let it end now, both of you. You two are in an argument and arguments are not for public consumption. Take it to the Private Message. You have nothing to prove by continuing with it here. And by the way, a few comments have come very close to what I consider 'flaming'. Let's not go there.
Old October 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
NOVICE car nut

Besides , he has you on his ignore list , so what's the point ?
Old October 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM

I already see some violation of forum rules 3 and 6. No more please!

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...aq_userconduct

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One more video