B.O.P racing at great lakes dragaway.

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

B.O.P racing at great lakes dragaway.

Not the greatest quality but i had fun got to hang out with the guys from rocket racing and saw some fast cars. Enjoy !
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Kickin' It Oldschool

why were some of the cars given a head start ????
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM

bracket racing. if you dial in a 9.90. vs a 10.30 the 10.30 car gets a head start to offset the times they both should be close at the finish line the one who runs closest to his/her dial wins. Consistency is key .
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Kickin' It Oldschool

ah so instead of i got 10.30 and you got 9.0 and you win......its a bit more fair in the all around. =)
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM

I thought you could build an 800 HP engine for $5K? And you don't know what bracket racing is?
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:11 PM

I hear slapping noises.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM

You're right...low blow. Sorry bdub...but for future reference there are a lot of guys here that have more experience than you, if you don't know something or don't have first hand knowledge of it your best bet is to listen and ask questions. Don't go spouting off information if you're not absolutely sure about it, you could cost someone a lot of money or worse, get them killed. I'll let your past comments go, but stick around and learn some humility and this site can really help you out when you need it. At some point, we all need help. It's impossible to know everything, unless you're Joe P. lol!
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM

Money or death damn that's a little extreme. But he has a point don't fire off as a know it all because we have all seen em come and go.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
Kickin' It Oldschool

not trying to be a know all selfish ******* ......... just putting out what info i have come across, up to you guys to decide if it's wrong or right, i'm here to learn and have fun!

pass the salt.

and i said you could probably build one for around 5k. would be difficult, and racing is different than building something. =/
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM

So Copper, does GLD let Chevies race the BOP also?
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

BDUB I don't call posting up info that you personally know nothing about learning or fun. As well as personally attacking someone and calling them names is not accepted here. This is a family friendly site and I personally would like to keep it that way. If you feel you must cuss then use symbols to "mask" the words. Comprende?
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Nick they did. Turn out was horrible track is horrible the guy in the 10 second teal g body from rocket racing. Won't say names but he popped a tire on a razor blade. It cost me 25 to watch. Last year I payed 45 for. A t and t and I got 3 runs in its a joke.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
Nick they did. Turn out was horrible track is horrible the guy in the 10 second teal g body from rocket racing. Won't say names but he popped a tire on a razor blade. It cost me 25 to watch. Last year I payed 45 for. A t and t and I got 3 runs in its a joke.
What was the Stolpa 65 running? 9.5x? I'm surprised you got to hang out, they're usually too busy to talk when they're racing. Serious business....
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM

I know them pretty well to some extetnt. I don't like to throw names around but one of the guys I learned body work from and old co worker runs with them.He was not there with his gold 442 but I still went to support the olds guys. I always hang around and help out if I can. Stolpa ran 9.6's in the heat and once the racing started weather started to get crappier.

Last edited by coppercutlass; July 24th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
jfb

1st i realize this is a old quote but bracket racing bites and either you race heads up or you should not be there and that is the way it was before and always should be. you should always make sure you have more then the other guy or a bigger hammer so to speak.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM

So you'd race an 11 second car against a 9 second car in a heads up race? Ok, so after the first pass your day is done. And the fans got to see a race that wasn't even close, there was no suspense or entertainment value so to speak.

So we take our field of 30 cars at a BOP race and run them heads up and very quickly we come up w/ a winner...the fastest car at the event. So why go to all the trouble of running, why not make one time trial and the fastest E.T. wins the event.

Every race is a bracket race, why do you think they make classes? A no kidding bracket race is there for the guys that want to cross classes or don't have the money to build a car to a specific class.

The more of your posts I read the more I think that your interpersonal skills are severely handicapped. Think before you write and your tenure here might be more enjoyable. And for God's sake use punctuation.

Last edited by ah64pilot; September 28th, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Hey jfb, bring your ride to Cordova's BOP race on Oct. 13th. We will have my car there........let's see whatcha got.
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:54 PM
jfb

I recieved the info earlier and i do not know what happened to when drag racing was a motor game only or legal street racing on the track like i like to do bracket racing is not my cup of tea I like 1 on 1 races and you never know what your opponent has and you just gamble it!I go to the track and sometimes i am up against a faster car and it happens so be it thats life. I said earlier in 1 of my posts we all should get a track day together for early next summer.
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM

I agree with Steve (ah64pilot).
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM

All I know is bracket racing is not easy. There is more to it than just making up the diffrence and going at it.
Old September 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM

ithinkwhilewereatitweshouldjustgetridofspacestooif wecantusepunctuationtomakecoherent
sentencesthenwhyshouldwebotherwiththestupidspacest ooitjustdoesntmakesenseimeanwhy
botherwithallofthatmesswhenwecouldjustalllearnhowt oreadwithoutpunctuationorspacesit
wouldbesomucheasierifyouknewhowtowritearealsentece becausethenwemightactuallyknow
whatthehellyouaresayingsoatthispointimconvincedtha tyoumightstillbeinhighschoolbecause
youprobablyfailedenglishandreadingyourpostsisreall yfrustratingbecausewithoutthe
punctuationyourpostsmeandifferentthingsdependingon howyoureadthemwowicantbelieveim
stilltypinglikethisitsreallyhardtodobecauseformeit goesagainsteverythingiknowbutforyouits
probablyeasyokimdone
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM

????? Lol confused face insert here lol. This is funny lookin on my phone.
Old September 29th, 2012, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
ithinkwhilewereatitweshouldjustgetridofspacestooif wecantusepunctuationtomakecoherent
sentencesthenwhyshouldwebotherwiththestupidspacest ooitjustdoesntmakesenseimeanwhy
botherwithallofthatmesswhenwecouldjustalllearnhowt oreadwithoutpunctuationorspacesit
wouldbesomucheasierifyouknewhowtowritearealsentece becausethenwemightactuallyknow
whatthehellyouaresayingsoatthispointimconvincedtha tyoumightstillbeinhighschoolbecause
youprobablyfailedenglishandreadingyourpostsisreall yfrustratingbecausewithoutthe
punctuationyourpostsmeandifferentthingsdependingon howyoureadthemwowicantbelieveim
stilltypinglikethisitsreallyhardtodobecauseformeit goesagainsteverythingiknowbutforyouits
probablyeasyokimdone
rotflmao
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Originally Posted by jfb
I recieved the info earlier and i do not know what happened to when drag racing was a motor game only or legal street racing on the track like i like to do bracket racing is not my cup of tea I like 1 on 1 races and you never know what your opponent has and you just gamble it!I go to the track and sometimes i am up against a faster car and it happens so be it thats life. I said earlier in 1 of my posts we all should get a track day together for early next summer.
Jfb, I like 1 on 1 races too, but it's not 197X anymore.
All I'd need to do nowadays, is spend a $hit ton of money, and buy a bigger hammer.

All the little tips and tricks that backyard engineers, brainiac machinists, and tool and die makers used to use are commonplace and over marketed nowadays.

Brackets and classes keep the racers in the hobby, instead of the bank owning the whole neighborhood, for lack of a better analogy.
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Thanks for sharing those video's CopperCutlass.
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM

you're killin' me pilot... you're just killin' me. LOL Too damn funny!!! Point well taken though... God I love this site....
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Banned

I really liked watching that 1966 GTO Funnycar in the first video, when they put a supercharger on that engine, it will be REALLY COOL.

That's a real early style chassis, the roll cage is like something you see in a sprint car.

The good ole days.

Last edited by SBORule; September 30th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

I did a little searching around on the 66 Goat and found out it's supercharged, sounds like an injected car, I don't hear any blower in Copper's Video.

Here's a couple links for you nostalgic guys.
http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...6_pontiac_gto/
http://www.highperformancepontiac.co.../photo_02.html

Last edited by SBORule; September 30th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM

it is. the videos where **** with my phone. It's arnie the framer beswicks car. e was there talking on the p.a. system about the old days and he started out with oldsmobiles etc etc. This thing usally runs all the local b.o.p days. it"s the real eal from the hey day fom what they said. It also has never made a full run under full power or atleast not that i have seen.