March Style track surpintine belt system - ClassicOldsmobile.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #1

March Style track surpintine belt system

I figured I would pass some info on about the March pully system. Model 16030 style track for big and small blocks. The system is a nice compact setup, and it's rather easy to install you have to scrutinize the setup, and check for proper alinement, I had a problem with the power steering pump alinement which was rectified by machining.160 off the back of the power steering pully hub, there suggestion was add washers between the main bracket, and the power steering bracket. The main issue I have with March, and there tech staff is the instructions state 76 inch belt, I tried but it was to short I tried a few other belts but couldn't get one to fit either to loose or to tight. I spoke with them four times first three times they said 76, so I just couldn't figure what was going on. I finally called today and was adamant that that it is not the proper belt, so they dig deeper in there notes a said it's 78 inch belt not 76. It may not seem like much, but wasting a Sunday afternoon getting nowhere isn't fun, hopfully this post helps someone. March should fix the misprint in there instructions, and there internet instructions. I only have it on a mock up engine now, some there is no live test.
geoff442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #2

That is one of the only aftermarket set ups that doesn't look like crap. It uses a standard rotation water pump, correct?
olds 307 and 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #3

It come with Miodon aluminum water pump standard rotation.
geoff442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #4

An you post a picture? I've considered this setup
Lsx442 is online now   Reply With Quote