Olds Engine builders engines for sale

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2019, 06:25 AM

Olds Engine builders engines for sale

Hey guys I was wondering what these Olds Engine builders like Cutlass EFI, BTO, Rocket Racing , Chadman etc. do with their HP Olds engines that they build for themselves, to perhaps race for a season or 2, engine builders competition etc? Now with the new BB Olds block offering you would think you would see these out there. I don't see them advertised for sale. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places? Ideally if you could find one that works for your plan, most likely you could save some $$$ and have turn key proven engine build by the pros.
Old June 29th, 2019, 07:37 PM

That is a great idea. I wish I had that much experience at that type of work! Can you say "Olds Crate Engine!?"
Old June 29th, 2019, 07:40 PM
W30

Not advertised cuz a house is cheaper
Old June 30th, 2019, 04:59 AM

I sold a 350 project engine a couple of years ago. Sorry I never posted the build and dyno sheet. It made about 415hp iirc.
It had the new Mahle piston in it, the ever famous Erson TQ40 cam, an RPM Intake and a 750 Quick Fuel Slayer carb, all the parts I often recommend. It was really just a dyno mule.
But I might be working on another one here in the near future once I get my new dyno up and running.
Old July 14th, 2019, 08:55 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I'm not knocking the RR block because if I could afford one I would have it.
At 5K for just the bare block I doubt if you will see very many for sale that were built just because.
I think these are being bought and built by racers who intend to keep and use them.
Old July 15th, 2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
I sold a 350 project engine a couple of years ago. Sorry I never posted the build and dyno sheet. It made about 415hp iirc.
It had the new Mahle piston in it, the ever famous Erson TQ40 cam, an RPM Intake and a 750 Quick Fuel Slayer carb, all the parts I often recommend. It was really just a dyno mule.
But I might be working on another one here in the near future once I get my new dyno up and running.
Tell us about this new dyno?
Old July 15th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I have never seen any olds builder sell their personal race engine. The problem with buying old race engines is by the time you factor in the wear and tear., the cost to freshen it up and all the little odds and ends it will cost you probably just as much. Plus from one combination to another it might cost even more like intake height not clearing or something like that. On the other end of the spectrum I picked up a 455 last winter for 1500 which was an old race engine. Ran 11:50's in a heavy car with ported J heads. Knowing the nature of the usage I wouldnt have bought it if it wasn't cheap and I couldn't break even., if I had to fix major issues. Lucky for me the fellow I bought it from is a good friend. Good race engines don't devalue much.