FI tech fuel injection

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2018, 05:39 PM

FI tech fuel injection

Is anyone running a FI tech throttle body? I can't seem to get the timing correct. We put this on a 350 Olds and followed the directions but there very vegue. My base is at 10 degrees and my full advance is at 34 degrees. We set the cruising at 18 degrees. Can anyone please tell me where and how to set the timing. This thing is driving me nuts....lol
Thank you,
Mike
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:16 PM

Following for future reference. Good luck. Have you called tech support at FiTech?
Old August 8th, 2018, 02:43 AM

Not yet. I figured I would post here first.
Old August 8th, 2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by crank shaft
Not yet. I figured I would post here first.
With all due respect, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't contact the guys that do it all day every day first.

Old August 8th, 2018, 01:24 PM

I will. I have always received good advice from this site and just wanted to see if anyone has played around with this on a Olds engine. Sorry to bother you. I'll call the factory
Old August 8th, 2018, 02:40 PM

I'm running the FiTech, but not using the timing control. I have a Mallory Unilite distr. I looked at using the timing control, but the cost of a dual sync distributor was more than I felt it was worth.

In this situation you may need to bring in your advance sooner, 18 degrees seems low depending on what cruise is. The problem is there are only 8 table entries for timing. The system interpolates 'guesses' what the advance should be in between those entries. I'd have to check my handheld control to see how to edit the table entries.

FITech knows their product, I talked with them a few times with good results. They don't know how to best set it up for an Olds motor though.
Old August 8th, 2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by tmaleck
I'm running the FiTech, but not using the timing control. I have a Mallory Unilite distr. I looked at using the timing control, but the cost of a dual sync distributor was more than I felt it was worth.
FITech knows their product, I talked with them a few times with good results. They don't know how to best set it up for an Olds motor though.
You don’t need a dual sync, just a locked out dist that’s phased correctly. Dual syncs are really for mpi running in sequential. But you’re short changing yourself big time by not having timing control.
And again it doesn’t matter what brand engine it is, just whether or not you have an ignition system that’ll work with their setup.
Old August 8th, 2018, 05:16 PM

Thank you. We set our base timing to 10 degrees. I figured that was a good starting line. On the low end it's ok but I think it could use more from cruiseng on up. I will call the factory this week .
Thanks guys!
Mike

Last edited by crank shaft; August 8th, 2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Mis spelled word