1970 Cutlass S NOS grill question

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
NôôB

1970 Cutlass S NOS grill question

So with the 70 Rallye I am going to be in the market for a single 1970 Cutlass S grill. I have one that is almost near perfect in the box, but i need one to match it, i think it is the passenger side grill but i am posting the pics of it just to make sure. My question is, how much is it to get an NOS one still in the box, or do they make repo's of these? I was told no they don't but maybe someone on here knows of a place that does.

Basically i am wanting to know how much this will cost me to get one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF0295.JPG (274.2 KB, 25 views)
DSCF0296.JPG (234.5 KB, 22 views)
DSCF0297.JPG (249.7 KB, 18 views)
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:22 PM

I think there was a NOS set on here recently for $400.00? or so. May be wrong on the price though. As far as I know, they are not being reproduced by anyone. There are some nice used ones floating around now & then, but they aren't cheap.
I might have a couple that you could repair or have repaired.
Good luck.

Scott
Cutlass Depot
c. 317-727-7041
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
NôôB

yeah i saw those and they were NOS... they were nice looking though... Its just the ones on mine are pretty much non repairable as far as i know and i would like to have one right around the niceness of the one i posted
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Keep your old ones, as someone may be able to use parts of them even if the whole thing is not repariable. I've seen broken ones sell for decent money.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
NôôB

Going to keep them, just slowly stockpiling the parts i will be replacing them with for when i get to that stage, basically throwing a line out there and seeing if i can get bites, learned about giving away parts that i thought i didnt need lol.

Had an original air cleaner for OAI hood that came with the 69 H/O (dont ask me why) thinking i didnt need it, so i gave it to my buddy for helping me pull my engine, now i have the 70 here and no air cleaner LOL.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I've stuck my head up my exhaust pipe a time or two also.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
NôôB

The ironic part was i asked if i could haveit back and he was like uhhhhhh i sold it to another guy in the club, and he never sold a part in his life lol
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:11 AM

the one you have is the right side. the Left side is much harder to find NOS. when you find a left one it is almost always with a right one and sold as a set. the right one was available for many years after the left one was discontinued.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:10 AM

I thought Fusick was making them them !!!
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by RALLYE KID
I thought Fusick was making them them !!!

Nope....not yet.
NOS is king for now
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:03 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
the one you have is the right side. the Left side is much harder to find NOS. when you find a left one it is almost always with a right one and sold as a set. the right one was available for many years after the left one was discontinued.
Lol. You are just chockful of dissapointing me jensen aren't you . I have plenty of patience on finding one. got more important things to worry about than a grill on the car lol. Its one of those things that can wait til after the car is a lmost done imo.
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Lol. You are just chockful of dissapointing me jensen aren't you . I have plenty of patience on finding one. got more important things to worry about than a grill on the car lol. Its one of those things that can wait til after the car is a lmost done imo.
lol, maybe i should have tried to make it look a little more polite. i feel like somebody will be making this set reproduction soon but hard to say. i am thinking about selling a good used set before they do make them. the used ones will drop in price as soon as they do. by the time you need them they may have repops available by then.
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
lol, maybe i should have tried to make it look a little more polite. i feel like somebody will be making this set reproduction soon but hard to say. i am thinking about selling a good used set before they do make them. the used ones will drop in price as soon as they do. by the time you need them they may have repops available by then.
No its cool. Thanks for the heads up from experience though. If you are interested in getting rid of the set please send me a PM with pics please
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Paid way too much for a NOS set about 5 years ago, heard of the LH grilles scarcity then. It would be REALLY nice if these were repoped, my current LH grille is missing a peice naturally.
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:16 PM

Jensen is correct.The passenger side is the easier side to find as a single,but any of the NOS 70 'S' grilles are hard to find.The ones that are truly NOS,still in the box,and never installed,have sold for about $900.00/pr.
I would try to find a used driver's side that is mint,then have them both painted to match each other.Since you are doing a Rallye 350,they need painted anyway.

I have no idea why they don't reproduce these,since they came on the Cutlass 'S',Rallye 350,W31,F85,and all the 4-doors & wagons. Still very hard to find in mint condition.
Old November 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 507OLDS
The ones that are truly NOS,still in the box,and never installed,have sold for about $900.00/pr.
Thats what I have and about what I paid

Maybe I'll get some pics up to drool over, I even have the boxes