74 Delta 88 Front Ash Tray

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:25 PM
1974 DELTA 88

74 Delta 88 Front Ash Tray

Looking for an ash tray for the front of my Delta 88. It is one of the split style with two separate ash trays. Missing one.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF2579.JPG (132.6 KB, 14 views)
Old October 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Oldsdruid

Let me see if there's still one in my old 76 Custom Cruiser.

Are R&L the same? I haven't had the ashtray open on the Ninety Eight in years so I can't remember.
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:46 PM
1974 DELTA 88

Hey, thanks for looking.

They are the same on both sides.
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by AZ455
Looking for an ash tray for the front of my Delta 88. It is one of the split style with two separate ash trays. Missing one.

Thanks!
Hi Bryan,

I believe the '74 front ashtray is a one-year only part since it's the first year of that dash and the '75 has the single like the '76. A '76 will not work in there for sure unless you change the whole ashtray assembly which is simple but you'd have to match the paint.

Check out this post about a '74 98 Regency parts car in Canada. I bought an exhaust manifold from him a little while back and I'm hoping to get more from the car one of these days. It looks like everything's intact and you might just be able to get your part.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...cs-plenty.html

Good luck!
John
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
1974 DELTA 88

Thumbs up

Thanks John, I contacted 'Red Delta' from that thread.

Interesting about that being a 1974 specific design. I guess someone at Olds didn't care for it.

We'll see what happens!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:04 AM

No problem Bryan. Let me know what happens. I haven't heard from him in a while so I'm curious to see if he still has the car. I hope so because it had a lot to offer. John
Old October 23rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Registered Abuser

Sadly, the car was sold during the summer. I heard rumblings about the town and their vehicle by-laws, so it had to go. Sorry all.

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
No problem Bryan. Let me know what happens. I haven't heard from him in a while so I'm curious to see if he still has the car. I hope so because it had a lot to offer. John
Old October 23rd, 2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Red Delta
Sadly, the car was sold during the summer. I heard rumblings about the town and their vehicle by-laws, so it had to go. Sorry all.
Hi Leith,

That is really a shame because that was a low mileage rare car (first year of the Regency coupe). You said it was sold but sold to a yard or sold to somebody that might keep and/or part the car? There were still things on there that we had discussed that I wanted to get my hands on. Let me know if you have any info on the car still.

Thanks,

PS. The manifold you sold me has been on my red 98 since the summer and I love finally having dual exhaust on that car! Thanks again!

John
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Registered Abuser

I did mention that if he wants to part it out to give me a ring but he insisted that he was going to fix the frame rot and get it running. He was an older retired fella with lots of time on his hands.

I don't have a big lot and it was sitting in plain view of the road for almost 2 years. I had little choice about its departure. I will see if I can find his number and ask if he feels differently about getting it fixed up or not.

I'm glad the manifold worked out. My knuckles are still angry at me though.

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
Hi Leith,

That is really a shame because that was a low mileage rare car (first year of the Regency coupe). You said it was sold but sold to a yard or sold to somebody that might keep and/or part the car? There were still things on there that we had discussed that I wanted to get my hands on. Let me know if you have any info on the car still.

Thanks,

PS. The manifold you sold me has been on my red 98 since the summer and I love finally having dual exhaust on that car! Thanks again!

John
Old October 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
1974 DELTA 88

I'm sure I will stumble across one someday, it's not a high priority, just though it was worth a shot posting here.

It'd be great to hear that the car is back on the road though!

Thanks anyway.
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Red Delta
I did mention that if he wants to part it out to give me a ring but he insisted that he was going to fix the frame rot and get it running. He was an older retired fella with lots of time on his hands.

I don't have a big lot and it was sitting in plain view of the road for almost 2 years. I had little choice about its departure. I will see if I can find his number and ask if he feels differently about getting it fixed up or not.

I'm glad the manifold worked out. My knuckles are still angry at me though.
Well, hopefully he does get it running and back on the road...of course he'll need a manifold I mentioned that car to a friend of mine and he seemed to think it used to be shown when the previous owner was younger and healthy. He remembered seeing an identical '74 98 at an Olds show in or around Canada. It's a shame that it got neglected for so long but again, hopefully it will be saved now.

Sorry about your knuckles..I'm sure they'll forgive you someday
Old October 24th, 2011, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by AZ455
I'm sure I will stumble across one someday, it's not a high priority, just though it was worth a shot posting here.

It'd be great to hear that the car is back on the road though!

Thanks anyway.
I'm sure you'll come across one someday. Remember they should all be the same in the '74 88, 98, Custom Cruiser and Toronado so that betters your chances. If I remember, I'll ask a friend of mine that has parted a number of mid 70's full sized over the years. I'll let you know if I come up with anything. In the meantime, do what I do and search ebay for anybody selling parts from a similar car and ask if they have the part you're looking for. I've gotten very lucky doing that over the years.

Good luck!
John
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
1974 DELTA 88

Just a bump incase anyone else might have one of these...
Old January 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM
1974 DELTA 88

One more time!