1967 delta 88 interior parts

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM

1967 delta 88 interior parts

hello all I'm looking for the rear inner panel for left side. its the light blue fits a 1967 olds delta 88 holiday coupe mine had bad water damage. im hoping to find one close because the rest on door panels are perfect.

Last edited by made in the usa; February 7th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by made in the usa
I'm looking for pics to post will do in a few mine are up in the attic in garage hard to get to right now. im hoping to find one close because the rest on door panels are perfect.
Your photos are up in the attic? What the hell are they doing there?

Don't you have a digital camera? Take a few snaps and post 'em! I can't imagine not having a digital camera with my two old cars. They're as cheap as anything nowadays, and I'm always taking photos as I do anything. It helps in putting things back together, and it nice to be able to document the before and after of anything I do.

As far as your replacement armrest, I would just concentrate on getting a good piece and not worry about the color. There are paints for vinyl that work very well, and I'm sure you could find something that matches your car's interior so close that you would never be able to tell the difference between the newly painted piece and the rest of the car.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM

its the hole door panel for that quarter panel is what im looking for
You mean the "whole" door panel, right? Not a hole IN a door panel?

A quarter panel is a piece of fender on the outside of the car, at least as far as I understand the terminology, so I don't think you mean a quarter panel if you're looking for an interior trim piece. Getting the terminology correct will go a long way to making sure people know specifically what part you're looking for. (So would posting photos! Did you buy that digital camera yet???)

In any event, and I've got a '67 Delta 88, too, as with any interior, body, or trim part for these cars, you need to find another '67 Delta 88 that someone is parting out. That means posting on here and calling junkyards out west until you locate the part. Again, I wouldn't worry about the correct color at this point. Just get a good quality used piece, and if it's not the right color, you can paint it.

One place you might call is this:

http://www.larrycamuso.com/

He doesn't have much listed on his "parts for sale" page as his website seems more geared to selling cars, but he's been in business for a long time, and I have bought body and trim parts from him several times over the last 20 years. He is a long-time advertiser in Hemmings, too. Call his number and see what he has. You might get lucky.
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM

You know one of the reasons i don't post on this site anymore and i did delete all my old stuff is because of the comments you make. So if you could just leave my post alone and go bug someone else.
What the hell are you talking about? Grow up!! You told us that you couldn't post photos because they were up in the attic where you couldn't get at them. Why do you think we care WHY you can't get your photos? Just go get them and post them. Or take some new ones and post those. For pity's sake.

You come on here and ask questions that no one can read because you write sentences like you never graduated from the second grade. Then when someone tries to clarify what you're asking you get upset.

Get a damn digital camera, take some photos, and learn how to post them. Learn where the period and shift keys are on your keyboard and use them. Consider the concept of "proofreading." Note the "edit" button on the lower right of every post you make. You see an error in something you've written? Hit that "edit" button and fix the mistake.

Don't put the onus of trying to figure out what you're asking for on the people who read your posts. Make it clear using sentences written in plain English. That's not asking very much.

Last edited by jaunty75; February 7th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM

hey your the idiot read the first post. i went and got the panels out of the Attic you are this way with anyone on this site got to @#$% pick. so to be nice @%@# you buddy
Now now, I know you don't mean it. Still haven't figured out the period and shift keys though yet, huh? Why did you capitalize "attic?" It's not a proper noun.

I couldn't understand your first post for reasons I gave in my post above.

Have you called Camuso yet? It's only about 4:30 p.m. on the west coast at this moment. He might still be open. You might have your replacement part on its way to you tomorrow.

Last edited by jaunty75; February 7th, 2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:42 PM

go bug someone else
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM

go bug someone else
Now now, I know you don't mean this, either.

I'm serious about Camuso, though. Don't take out your anger at me on him. He might really have the part you need because this is exactly what he specializes in. If you think you're going to get it by just posting on here, you might be in for a long wait. Not because people don't want to help, but because not that many are parting out '67 Deltas. Of course, you don't know for sure he has the part until you call because this is a hit-or-miss thing. But you have to call to find out.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM

There. Just to show that there are no hard feelings, I went back and replaced the swear words with @%$#&$# in the message you posted and erased but not before I quoted it. After all, I don't want either of us to get kicked off this board for using (or quoting) such salty language!

I left the "idiot" in there because it's not an officially recognized swear word and because I didn't want to change entirely the flavor of your message.
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM

go bug someone else
Hmmmmm... Maybe someone should cut someone (from Ohio and an Olds lover) some slack... teacher.
If you keep it up jaunty75, our moderators might just hafta bitchslap ya!

IMHO
Jaybird

Last edited by Jaybird; February 7th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Hmmmmm... Maybe someone should cut someone (from Ohio and an Olds lover) some slack... teacher.
If you keep it up jaunty75, our moderators might just hafta bitchslap ya!

IMHO
Jaybird
It's like dealing with a small child. Mr. "made in the usa" picked up his marbles and went home once before on this site, and by that I mean he went in and erased all his messages, and I didn't have anything to do with it that time (at least I don't think I did). People were conversing with him about some part he needed, and suddenly one day all his messages were gone, leaving a few people scratching their heads wondering what happened. Nobody said anything critical or negative, but he took something the wrong way, and off he went. This is just part of a pattern with him.

I'd like to help the guy because he's got a car like mine. But he's got to man-up a bit, too, and understand that communication is a two-way street. Being an Ohioan and a fellow Olds lover doesn't absolve him of this responsibility, and if somebody asks him to clarify what he means in one of his postings, he shouldn't take it as an insult.

Yes, maybe sometimes I go a bit overboard in my comments about his and other's seeming inability to write at even a grade school level, but are we adults here or not? I'm not looking for a doctoral dissertation. Just complete sentences with good subject-verb agreement and an understanding of the difference between the word "hole" and the word "whole." You know, the stuff we all learned in 2nd grade.

And he really should call Camuso, and if Camuso doesn't have it, he should get a copy of Hemmings and call the used parts places listed in there. He's got a much better chance of finding his part doing it that way. It's the tried and true method.

He shouldn't lose out on a part just because he's mad at me. He might actually find what he wants with Camuso, who came through for me several times back in the '90s. But he seems to think that if he just posts what he wants on here, parts will magically appear out of the woodwork. As I said, he should certainly post what he needs here, but it shouldn't be the only thing he does. Again, it's all part of this pattern of immaturity.

Oh, and let the moderators bitchslap all they want. If I were ever kicked off of here, my life would go on just as smoothly as ever, and it's actually this forum that would suffer more as it would no longer have my wit and wisdom to sustain it.

Last edited by jaunty75; February 7th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM

You know it all and have some kind of smug comment for every one here. Maybe if you didn't try to stand on everyone that post on here you wouldn't catch so much crap. There are several post on here people tell you to screw off. Catch on to it and you at no point tried to help you started in on how bad everything i write is. Sorry i (aint) no college educated a## thats sits so high and mighty to look down on people that actually get off there buts to work. Go push a pencil you want to do some thing special go grade someones home work. I'm not in your class and thank god i never was or there be a teacher in trouble.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:07 PM

You know it all and have some kind of smug comment for every one here. Maybe if you didn't try to stand on everyone that post on here you wouldn't catch so much crap. There are several post on here people tell you to screw off. Catch on to it and you at no point tried to help you started in on how bad everything i write is. Sorry i (aint) no college educated a## thats sits so high and mighty to look down on people that actually get off there buts to work. Go push a pencil you want to do some thing special go grade someones home work. I'm not in your class and thank god i never was or there be a teacher in trouble.
Hey, I see that you're now using proper sentence construction. Capitalizing the first word. Ending with a period. We're making progress. Your sentences could still use a little cleaning up, but for the first day, we can't complain. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Now, once and for all, are you going to call Camuso? We want you to get this part. I'd be interested to know if he has it or where you do ultimately get it if he doesn't because that place might have other parts for '67 Deltas, and maybe I could find something.

Last edited by jaunty75; February 7th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Hey, I see that you're now using proper sentence construction. Capitalizing the first word. Ending with a period. We're making progress. Your sentences could still use a little cleaning up, but for the first day, we can't complain. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Now, once and for all, are you going to call Camuso? We want you to get this part. I'd be interested to know if he has it or where you do ultimately get it if he doesn't because that place might have other parts for '67 Deltas, and maybe I could find something.
Stop trolling the fs / wanted ads. There will be no more warnings. The next time we see anyone train-wrecking someones classified ad a short vacation will be issued. If it still continues and permanent ban will be issued.
Old February 8th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Exclamation

The above goes for all posts in all threads by all members.

Slamming, insulting, harassing, or intimidating others will not tolerated on the site and will lead to infractions being imposed, or possibly even a ban.

Please read the terms and conditions page regarding this.
http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/ter...OldsMobile.com

Thank you.