1964 jetstar 88 conv. rearwell trim

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2010, 10:23 PM

1964 jetstar 88 conv. rearwell trim

hey im building my convertible from scratch meaning that the person i brought it from didnt have a convertible rack in it. now that i have all of that i find out that there is a chrome trim that goes around the rear of the top called the rearwell trim. i cant find it nooooo where please help...... please....
parts car what ever i will take it.
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Jetstar
hey im building my convertible from scratch meaning that the person i brought it from didnt have a convertible rack in it. now that i have all of that i find out that there is a chrome trim that goes around the rear of the top called the rearwell trim. i cant find it nooooo where please help...... please....
parts car what ever i will take it.
I have the trim for a 64 Stafire. It should be the same as yours...
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM

If Marinus's part would happen to be different (i wouldn't think it would be) Would a piece from a Impala work? I know that GM used a lot of parts that were the same from the Impalas and 88's. Just a thought.
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM

im trying to look for the parts of of a impala but i dnt know what the parts name is i just know its a trim that goes on the outer side of the top
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Jetstar
im trying to look for the parts of of a impala but i dnt know what the parts name is i just know its a trim that goes on the outer side of the top

This part is called a pinch weld moulding for the Conv. boot to attach and there's two different types. One has finished ends that kinda taper to a slight point and stop behind the rear Quarter Window, and the other stops at the rear Quarter Window but fits into the Quarter Window Reveal Moulding at the rear. I have the one that comes to a slight point and it's For Sale if you can't get the correct one just reply.