72 cutlass blower resistor

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:39 AM

72 cutlass blower resistor

The tabs have nearly rotted right off mine. If anyone has one for sale please let me know. Not sure what other years might fit.

Thanks,

Mike
Old January 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM

Hi Mike
Can you post a picture to help us make sure we're talking about the same part? John
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM

If just the resistor part itself, the local parts houses should carry one.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:16 PM

Blower resistor; PN 1384791 '69 - '72 exc A/C
Old January 23rd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Easy Does It!

I got it let me know how much yo wanna pay and what else u needu
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Probably should have added that I have A/C......
I'll post a picture
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Here's some pictures of the part I'm looking for, I could probably save this one but since I'm restoring everything from the firewall forward I would just as soon replave it.

Kidcutty, I'll email you about purchasing one from you and we can discuss what other parts you may have that I need.

Yellowstatue, thanks for the part number, sorry I didn't note I had A/C in my earlier post. Is there still a part number for the A/C version available? If so where would I purchase it. I saw one from one of the classic part places but if I recall it was around $60. A little to much for my budget, not even sure if it was the A/C version

Thank again everyone for all your help. I think I'll post some pictures this evening of the project so far. For my first (partial) restoration I think it going pretty smooth. The worst part so far is dealing with the cold weather and the old front control arm bushings from hell. That was a project all in itself getting those things out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
FORUM BLOWER RESISTOR.JPG (73.4 KB, 29 views)
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM

It is almost restorable - I might try it before spending big bucks on it. A dremel with a wirebrush works wonders almost.
If you are good with a soldering iron, you might be able to even replace the terminals...
Luckiliy it can be rreplaced at any time should it fail later.

I saw some of these at a distant boneyard yesterday - I should have got 'em should I had known...
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Rob,

I think your right, I think I'll just clean it up and if need be put some new terminals on it. With all the little parts I keep cleaning, polishing and painting I thought that this might be one where I take the easy way out.

but at this point whats one more part......

Should have my block back from the machine shop next week and I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things that I'll need to spend money on

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM

Glad I could help (a little)...
Before I looked for one for you, I did not know they were this hard to find. I will grab some during the next yard run, whenever that happens.

I know all about the little parts restos - the tiny little parts that take hours to take apart, degrime, clean polish, paint, etc.
I just restored a 4 gang power window switch I got from the bone yard for under 10 bucks. It took about 2 hours - I could have replaced a hood in that much time! However, since these switches are not repopped, I saved a load of cash restoring it. The parts place wanted 100 bucks for a used one, new GM was 150!

Pay a lot, work less (maybe), have satisfaction sooner and feel deeper in the hole.
Pay less, work on it more, have satisfaction later, but enjoy the $$ you saved!
The joys of car crafting and restoration.......
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Smile

I've got an NOS resistor in a box somewhere that I was never able to find an application for. If you can find me a part number for your AC car, I'll dig it out and check it.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:49 PM

No P/N for A/C but that resistor looks like one on my early '80s Regencys- gives you another place to look...
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by mmcilroy
Rob,

I think your right, I think I'll just clean it up and if need be put some new terminals on it. With all the little parts I keep cleaning, polishing and painting I thought that this might be one where I take the easy way out.

but at this point whats one more part......

Should have my block back from the machine shop next week and I'm sure I'll find plenty of other things that I'll need to spend money on

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction
I have one on my parts car. I'm also pretty sure I have the skills to make that one work and look good.

John
Old January 25th, 2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by mmcilroy
Thank again everyone for all your help. I think I'll post some pictures this evening of the project so far. For my first (partial) restoration I think it going pretty smooth. The worst part so far is dealing with the cold weather and the old front control arm bushings from hell. That was a project all in itself getting those things out!

They come out quite easily with an air chisle... learned that tip on one of these Olds sites..