Gas tank neck support bracket/ring - '70 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2019, 06:11 PM

Gas tank neck support bracket/ring - '70 Cutlass

***EDIT*** FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR - THANK YOU!

I'm almost ready to install my new gas tank but the new one doesn't have a support ring/bracket around the filler neck that attaches to a hanger that bolts to the frame crossmember. My old filler neck has a welded ring around it - I'm looking for the metal loop around the filler neck that is captured by the bolt-on bracket. Can anyone tell me if this is a part that can be found? I've searched under as many descriptive terms as I can come up with and have found nothing. I don't want to use a hose clamp, but that's about what I'm up against. Can anyone help me find what I need?

Here is a photo of what I'm looking for:

Last edited by BSiegPaint; January 1st, 2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:04 PM

It's available....you can probably find a used set OR....Inline Tube sells a repro set that is complete. INL11280 (3 pieces) $22. From the pic in their catalog it appears to be an accurate reproduction and many used pieces will be pitted, rusted, etc.

To install it tightly (I haven't tried the new set yet) it may be a deal where you get the protruding "tang(s)" clipped into the corresponding slots in the ring (around the filler neck) and THEN use a pair of end snips to compress the folded up part tighter (get a cheap set of end cutters from Harbor Freight and round off the sharp edges of the cutter blades so you only PINCH the metal and don't CUT THROUGH IT). The factory power steering return line hose uses a version of this "pinch clamp".

Last edited by 70Post; January 1st, 2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:10 PM

Patton, THANK YOU. I was searching those terms but sometimes that just doesn't work. Looks just like the one on my old tank. Ordered and on the way ))