Parts Alert! for 1976 Oldsmobile 98 Regency

Old August 8th, 2018, 03:53 AM

Parts Alert! for 1976 Oldsmobile 98 Regency

Hi everyone. I have this 76 ninety eight sedan like 3,5 years and i've been searching for parts, especially interior. Before listing down, i need to mention that i live in Turkey so anyone willing to ship here is much appreciated. Well, i've been looking for,

- GM am/fm radio,
- Dash plates/bezels, *****(a/c, wiper control),
- Wiper arms,
- Ninety eight emblems(exterior)

Thank you very much.

Old August 8th, 2018, 05:09 AM

I have the radio. Worked good when removed.

Johnny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
000_2844.JPG (709.5 KB, 9 views)
Old August 8th, 2018, 05:28 AM

Hi Johnny, Thought it'd be at better condition. If you have something like this below , we can talk the price. Thank you.

Mustafa

Old August 8th, 2018, 05:42 AM

Sorry I thought I had the one you needed.

Johnny
Old August 8th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by toymobile
I have the radio. Worked good when removed.
That radio is from a much later model year, probably mid-80s. In the '70s, car radios still had mechanical push-buttons, and the only tape-playing options offered from the factory were 8-track, not cassette.
Old August 8th, 2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by umust
i've been looking for,

- GM am/fm radio,
- Wiper arms,
I currently have a '78 Toronado, and I previously owned a '73 Custom Cruiser, so I'm somewhat familiar with the big Oldsmobiles from the mid-70s.

All of the parts you're looking for will have to come from parts cars. Any full-size (88, 98, Toronado) Olds from '74 through '76 and any '77 or '78 Toronado should be a possible source of parts for your car's dashboard.

Dash plates, etc. are dependent on what options the car has as there are different cutouts in the dash plates for the various switches. In other words, a car like yours that did not have cruise control will have a different dash plate than one that did have it as there will be a cutout for the cruise control switch if that option was present. The same for the rear window defogger, power antenna, and, if a station wagon, the power tailgate and power rear window. The cruise control, rear defogger, and, I believe, Twilight Sentinel switches were on the left-side dash bezel while the power rear window, power tailgate (for station wagons), and seat belt warning light (all models) were on the right side bezel.

The bezel will also be different depending on the type of wiper system (with or without wiper delay and with or without low washer fluid indicator) and the type of air-conditioning system (no A/C, standard--"Four Seasons"--A/C, "Tempmatic" A/C, or Comfortron, the last of which would have a cutout for the temperature dial). As far as the switch locations, I think that the factory made only one dash plate with the mounting location for each switch present but not punched out, and then whatever mounting location that needed to be punched out to mount a particular switch was punched out when that particular car was assembled.

I would suggest contacting a user on this site who goes by the username "bigdooly." He is parting out several mid-'70s full-size Oldsmobiles, and he may have some of what you need. I don't know if he will ship to Turkey. I have purchased several items for my Toro from him. He's very good to deal with.
Old August 8th, 2018, 08:28 PM

98 parts

Hi everyone. I have this 76 ninety eight sedan like 3,5 years and i've been searching for parts, especially interior. Before listing down, i need to mention that i live in Turkey so anyone willing to ship here is much appreciated. Well, i've been looking for,

- GM am/fm radio,
- Wiper arms,

Thank you very much.

I have most of this, except radio, i have 6 radios, i don't think any work. james.dowling99@yahoo.com is my email, I will not be able to do anything until the weekend, I am away from home til then, i can send you more pictures of what i have then. these are the radio bezels .
Old August 8th, 2018, 08:32 PM

Old August 8th, 2018, 08:34 PM

i could remove parts from this also, 74 88
Old August 9th, 2018, 03:00 AM

thank you jaunty85 and thank you bigdooly. My bad not getting into detail with plates so pls let me clarify. Car has rear defogger switch right under the radio and that's it for the middle plate. on the left side, it has a/c, wiper w/ delay and light switch. Just like picture below without cruise control. If it's clear i can make an offer for the whole dash (mine is blue though). my e-mail is mumitli@hotmail.com. I can also send an e-mail.

best.

mustafa.
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:06 AM

thank you jaunty85 and thank you bigdooly. My bad not getting into detail with plates so pls let me clarify. Car has rear defogger switch right under the radio and that's it for the middle plate. on the left side, it has a/c, wiper w/ delay and light switch. Just like picture below without cruise control. If it's clear i can make an offer for the whole dash (mine is blue though). my e-mail is mumitli@hotmail.com. I can also send an e-mail.

best.

mustafa.
I
I will likely have these parts, I will not have the 98 emblem.
switches, plates, I have, I save them from every car i strip down.
Saturday is the earliest I will be able to help you, I will not be home until then.
Jim
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:45 AM

- GM am/fm radio,
- Wiper arms,

Thank you very much.
This is in 74 delta 88, as are the next photos, this car has no cruise control.

Old August 11th, 2018, 10:57 AM

Super arms

- GM am/fm radio,
- Wiper arms,

Thank you very much.
Original wiper arms, blades, need refills, they are still available, i bought a set for my 73 Caddy recently
Old August 11th, 2018, 11:18 AM

- GM am/fm radio,
- Wiper arms,

Thank you very much.

3 trim plates have cruise control provision, 2 do not, 1 radio bezel has defrostedr provision, the other 3 do not.
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigdooly
This is in 74 delta 88, as are the next photos, this car has no cruise control.

these are exactly what i'm looking for. Just one thing; is the side mirror adjustable from inside? you know the little joystick kinda thing. If yes, i'm also all in for the mirror. the rest is just looks greast including the wiper arms. I hit you up with the e-mail. Please check and let me know.

thanks.
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:35 AM

these are exactly what i'm looking for. Just one thing; is the side mirror adjustable from inside? you know the little joystick kinda thing. If yes, i'm also all in for the mirror. the rest is just looks greast including the wiper arms. I hit you up with the e-mail. Please check and let me know.

thanks.
Yes, driver mirror is remote with joystick.
I looked at dad pix you sent, but they where not that clear. You need radio plate from green olds I have, because it has Defoe switch provision. It looks like your car does NOT have cruise control, so the other plate from green olds will work for you, and the woodgrain finish will match one another.
I will remove arts shortly, and send photos of them I will also check all radios to see if one works, but I doubt any will.
Jim
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:27 AM

thank you. i can get it checked here since we have a nice looking one that fits its place. looking forward to hearing from you.
Old August 12th, 2018, 09:29 AM

thank you. i can get it checked here since we have a nice looking one that fits its place. looking forward to hearing from you.

Wiper switch funnctions 100%,
high , low mist, & wash button.
$100 Is for all parts .+ shipping
Old August 12th, 2018, 09:38 AM

wiper arms included? i can do 100. by the way, any news from the radio? I'll send you an e-mail again. I appreciate if you check it.

thanks.
Old August 12th, 2018, 09:42 AM

wiper arms included? i can do 100. by the way, any news from the radio? I'll send you an e-mail again. I appreciate if you check it.

thanks.
Yes everything except radio, i will check radios, i think i just sold engine, , I am multitasking now, I will get back to you on radio
Old August 12th, 2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by bigdooly
Yes everything except radio, i will check radios, i think i just sold engine, , I am multitasking now, I will get back to you on radio
no working radios, sorry
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:57 AM

Hi Johnny, Thought it'd be at better condition. If you have something like this below , we can talk the price. Thank you.

Mustafa

This is more what the '76 radio looks like. In '76 they switched to chrome push buttons. The AM/FM selector is sometimes more like the one above and sometimes like this. I've seen both.

Old August 13th, 2018, 10:13 AM

i didn't know that. Since it matches the dash bezels(colorwise), i thought that was the one. thanks john.