Wanted: Parts for 73-77 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2016, 04:34 AM

Wanted: Parts for 73-77 Cutlass

Looking for seat belt set for bucket seat car. Tan\gold webbing preferred but belts with good retractors and housing are more important than color.

Perhaps a long shot but also a good buckskin front\back carpet set as the reproduction stuff just doesn't look quite right.

Also, looking for a good set of seat mounting tracks, power drivers preferred but would take a nice manual set.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by sshoureas; October 19th, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:13 AM

Hey Steve, how's it going? What year is your car and which Cutlass model do you have? Some of the seat belts were different across the years and possibly specific to a certain year.

Also, where are you located?
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the reply and good point. Mine is actually a 1976 Grand Prix LJ 50th Anniversay. I posted here as it seems the Cutlass following is greater than for the Grand Prix.

I do have an Oldsmobile though, a 1971 Cutlass SX factory 455 car, matching numbers.
Old October 19th, 2016, 07:32 AM

What type of bucket seats do you have? Swivel buckets have a specific seat belt set up not used on any other seats. Strato buckets use the same retractor as the bench seats and thus are easier to find. 73 are one year only as the shoulder harness is separate from the lap belt. Standard belts are black with plastic buckle covers. Deluxe belts are keyed to interior color and have metal buckle covers. Pictures of what you have and year model would be helpful. Good luck with it.
Old October 19th, 2016, 08:15 AM

My 1976 GP has the strato bucket buckets w/ deluxe (metal) silver seat belt latch covers. This is the retractor setup where the rear leg of the passenger side bucket sits and is bolted down to the retractor. The webbing color isn't important as I'll have them rewebbed.
Old October 19th, 2016, 08:27 AM

Doesn't the outer leg of both buckets sit on top of the retractors? Pretty sure those are the same as the bench seat belts, at least the retractor end is the same. I think the length of the buckle end may be different between bucket and bench but not sure. I'll have to look but I MAY have one driver's side retractor with a tan belt from a bench seat car that I used until I could find the correct swivel seat retractor for my car. I may have sold it but can't remember. Give me about a week to search the attic parts boxes if you are interested. Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2016, 09:56 AM

Yes, that sounds right. I stripped the interior several weeks ago in preparation for some floor pan repair work. Now that you ask, it is both that sit on top of the retractors. I'd be interested in good, clean retractors and good plastic housings in any color
Old October 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM

As stated, a standard bucket seat outer rear leg will mount on top of the retractor...same as on bench seat. However, a power bucket seat leg will mount to the floor with the retractor behind it...much like on swivel buckets (although, factory retractors are not identical). So, you'll need to determine which way you're going with the power vs non-power seat track.
Old October 21st, 2016, 05:27 AM

My 1971 Cutlass SX is sooooooo much easier to work on and find parts for.... I'd rather retain the power bucket seat setup given the choice.
Old October 21st, 2016, 06:19 AM

I know of a '73 GP sitting in a salvage yard in my area with a driver side power seat. Car is rough and have no idea whether the track/motor is in working condition. I do know the driver side retractor was broken off a few inches down from the top of the plastic sheath. Might be able to trim it off and nobody would be the wiser? Could check it out in the next week or so if interested.
Old October 21st, 2016, 06:31 AM

I really would like clean retractors and can make do with the plastic housings I have although they are suffering from deterioration of the plastic. I'd like better ones but can do with these. The drivers side retractor in particular is a bit rusty and I'd like to replace it with a good clean one. for the rear seat, I need the rear passenger side retractor that's under the rear seat bottom, mine is missing. On the tracks, my passenger side tracks are decent, the drivers side again is the main concern. I have a couple good motors already but need good, clean tracks. Thanks for the offer!