Radiator insulators

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2016, 08:51 AM

Radiator insulators

I'm looking for (4) 3-core radiator insulators for a 1971 Cutlass "S" 350. No A/C. Good used or OEM. Original part number was 407117. They are the molded rubber ones with the arrow locking tabs on either end. Not the one tab in the middle. The Chinese knock-offs from InLine Tube are the 4-core and too big. They do not have and can't get the 3-core ones, even though they were still pictured in their listing. 407117 are 2 3/4"
Old September 1st, 2016, 10:54 AM

Have you checked with Fusick Automotive??

They list a slew of the correct rubber radiator saddle insulators and I've purchased theirs before and they are correct with the two "arrow"/push through tabs on each insulator.

Measuring a set of used original 3 row (70-2 Cutlass) rubber insulators I have here shows a TOTAL LENGTH of 5-1/2".

I also have a set of Fusick's repros....same length, etc.

Fusick shows to have new insulators in the 5-1/2" length.....YOU NEED TO CALL THEM AND THEY WILL PUT TOGETHER A SET OF FOUR OF THESE (the catalog doesn't have a listing in it showing 4 of them in this length but I just called them and verified that they DO HAVE THEM in sets of 4....Jason at Fusick said "those are in our computer system but don't show up in the catalog.....if a customer calls we can accommodate them").

They also list an even shorter insulator in their catalog.... 4-3/8" total length.

Not sure how you are measuring to come up with the much shorter length you mention.....can you post a pic of your radiator top plate saddle areas?
Fusick - 860-623-1589

EDIT: On measuring....I (and Fusick) measured the TOTAL LENGTH of the insulator with it laid out flat, not curled/curved up into its "as installed" position. When you buy these new/repro they are flat/straight.

Last edited by 70Post; September 1st, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 01:24 PM

Fusick

I had looked through Fusick's online catalog and the picture of the molded ones they list just didn't look right so I didn't pursue it. Mine are the shorter ones at 4 3/8".

Thanks for the response and the info on what they don't show in the catalog.

Regards,

Jim Brady
Elko, NV