1970 Hurst Dual Gate Parts Needed

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM

1970 Hurst Dual Gate Parts Needed

I am in need of some parts to finish off my Dual gate setup.
I just acquired an NOS Dual Gate shifter with NOS cable, shift plate w/wood grain and console trim w/wood grain.

I am going to need all of the small pins and clips to hook up the cables. Also the mounting brackets to mount the shifter to the floor. The Rocket logo for the top plate, and possibly the neutral safety switch. Also the correct screws to mount the top plate to the shifter.

Any leads on any of these parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Duane
Old November 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM

I just finished up putting a dualgate together, I needed about the same list of parts you do. The clips for the cable sheath I got at the parts counter at my local gm dealer, the pin and clip for the cable end I got at napa as well as the trim screws to hold the top plate on, the brackets I got off a guy on e-bay who fabs them they fit perfect cost $45 I think, I could send you measurements for these to make yourself would be easy w/a press brake, or that guy lists them often. And the rocket emblem was a little tougher I finally was able to get one off a guy selling parts, lucked out as he had one extra. You might be able to use a door panel emblem or some other small trim emblem. And mine had the nss but I didn't use it, I used the the colum mounted switch saved some wireing and works fine, its the same setup the factory used after 70.