Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

355 short block w/ probe pistons

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

355 short block w/ probe pistons

im selling a 355 that's .030 over with probe 3cc forged pistons . Its a zero decked block . the block is in great shape has no ridge and all it needs is a light hone and you are good to go. The crank needs a polish to clean it up for the new bearings and that's all it needs. It will need to be balanced because I do not have the flywheel or balancer., Its set up for a 4 speed car ! no need to drill the crank or the block for the bell crank or what ever is needed to be done to have a manual trans. The pistons alone are worth around 400 new. This was a low mile set up when I got it so the pistons still look like new. I intended to build this set up but I have decided to go 455 so its gotta go. I can email pics or post them upon request. I just figure random pictures wont do anyone good. so if you need any specific info please pm. me. Im asking 650 plus the ride. I will crate it for free.

Last edited by coppercutlass; September 7th, 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old September 7th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I intended to build this set up but I have decided to go 455...
Say it ain't so, U-man!

Wait...

... Okay.

Had to drop something on the floor to be sure gravity still pulled things downward.

GLWTS!

- Eric
Old September 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
... Okay.

Had to drop something on the floor to be sure gravity still pulled things downward.
Comedian Steven Wright used to have a line something like: Is gravity real or does the Earth suck?
Old September 7th, 2014, 02:12 PM

LOL I'm still on the quest for my 12 sec. Et. Slip with my current 355 that I'm going to install. I decided to go 455 because after driving my dads 77 pontiac with one of my old 350's that was super mild and great cruiser., I realized I want that again lol but I stil want to run 12's so I need a 455 to make that happen. The sbo is great and I have been a life long small block die hard even back when I was into chevy's and buicks . I think its just time to enjoy my car a little more vs. Running it on the ragged edge of not being fun to drive on the street.
Old September 7th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Originally Posted by Fun71
Comedian Steven Wright used to have a line something like: Is gravity real or does the Earth suck?
Favorite Steven Wright joke (must use nearly-dead lethargic Steven Wright voice, of course):
I had this switch on the wall in my livingroom. It didn't do anything.

Every time I walked by, I'd turn it on... turn it off...

One day I got a letter from a lady in East Germany.
It said, "Cut that out."
- Eric
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Beer Connoisseur

I have decided to go 455
I can't beleive my eyes.
Honestly I had to read the post couple of times just to make sure I was reading this right.
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Yes yes yes lol.
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:37 AM

Ttt
Old September 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I have a bunch of 455 stuff here if you want to horse trade.
Hell, maybe even enough for a whole engine other than bearings and rings.
Old September 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM

J you got a deal dude !!!!!!
Old September 11th, 2014, 05:15 PM

I have decided to go 455 so its gotta go.

Quitter!!
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:07 PM

Dayummm, yea quitter
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:25 PM

For what you're looking to do it makes perfect sense. The bigger the cubes the milder and more street friendly to meet the same performance goal. You can have a smoother idle, less converter and less gear yet be just as fast.
Old September 12th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by StickW31
Dayummm, yea quitter
Just kidding buddy, there is no replacement for displacement!!

good luck with the new build
Old September 12th, 2014, 07:24 PM

Oh I know. Im just tired of driving around in a car that sounds fast but can only squeak a 12 sec pass lol. Not bad for a street car but id rather it be quiet and unsuspecting lol.
Old September 16th, 2014, 07:01 AM

Bump.
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM

How fast do you want to go?
How is your current 350 running with the nicely ported heads?
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:38 PM

Well I'm not running the ported heads at the moment. I'm running the same top end I did on the old 350 with the cast flat tops that decided it had seen better days. That old combo went 13.3 @ 103 with a tight converter and small carb. This combo has a bigger carb , bigger cam , bigger bore , and actually saw a machine shop lol. I also have a 3000 stall. If I can get a 12.9 with out having to mes with it I'm happy. With the ported heads if I can run 3 tenths faster than what I anticipate running I'm happy. What I'm after is street manners. The 355 I have now was great last season actually but if it can idle like stock and run 12's than why not lol. I also went back to steel fenders but I swaped the th400 for the th350 so of the glass parts netted me a 1.5 tenth gain and the th350 free's up 25 hp I should still be able to see a 1 tenth gain. I also did a bunch of suspension work.

Last edited by coppercutlass; September 16th, 2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old September 25th, 2014, 07:45 AM

ttt
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM

Is this the same block that was given to you?
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...e-gave-me.html

Last edited by captjim; October 1st, 2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:00 PM

Yep sold it though. I got like 300 in parts alone on it plus the other stuff that goes with it like the spare block with studs and straps not making much on free parts that I spent 50 bucks in gas to pick up.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:12 PM

Not to mention the gas and tolls I spent to go to indiana toget the block with the studs and straps. So yeah id say I'm giving it away with a bunch of parts and breaking even. Dunno why you had to bring that up but yeah that's a real Dick head move . The intent of that post is pretty evident.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:22 PM
Beer Connoisseur

I fail to see why does it matter where he got it from, it's not like he stole it.
Just like anybody else, he can ask whatever he wants for it, it's his stuff after all.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM

I left details out so than when I had someone intrested once they saw how much stuff actually went with it for free they would bite. Its all a sales tactic. I sold it for 450 I put it for 650 because let's face it we all try to low ball sellers. But I figured the short block is the selling point but I make my money back in fuel and the parts I had in it that where brand new in the box . The short block was free to them they just bought my parts lot

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 1st, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by 70cutty
I fail to see why does it matter where he got it from, it's not like he stole it.
Just like anybody else, he can ask whatever he wants for it, it's his stuff after all.
It is (was, anyway) I just think it's kind of disingenuous to sell parts that were given to him by a guy(s) helping him out with his project. He did solicit "donations" in his original post in the thread that I referenced, asking guys to give him parts to see how cheaply he could build it. Which is fine, fun little experiment. But, to do so, then bail on the project and sell the parts he received in good faith is not very "honorable", IMHO.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:31 PM

Not to mention the gas and tolls I spent to go to indiana toget the block with the studs and straps. So yeah id say I'm giving it away with a bunch of parts and breaking even. Dunno why you had to bring that up but yeah that's a real Dick head move . The intent of that post is pretty evident.
Not sure why you constantly get away with calling other members names and using profanity. Yes, the purpose was, and is, pretty clear.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Come get this 455 crap out of my garage.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:38 PM

How much J the sbo stuff is spoken for. Jim I get away with it because you obviously deserve it for doing what you do. Like I said all of this is pointless on your end because I literally broke even on all the stuff that went with it. So yes you look stupid. You could have personally asked me too. And having that shortblock still helped me break even so not that 450 goes towards my 455 build which will **** people off because I already have squared deals away on parts and trading labor. So budget themes continue in my camp.
Old October 1st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Willing to trade for some body prep on some doors and fenders I have, or monthly installments. Whatever works. I'm pretty lenient. Just want you to get that damn car racing already.
Old October 1st, 2014, 04:35 PM

Oh I'm gearing up to hit the track this month ! One of the 2 last weekend of oct. I just plan on collecting parts to build a 455. Currently got to many projects lol. Got 3 harleys lined up for over the winter , been helping my neighbor with his 59 f100 and doing dave 67 sometime in the spring. How bad are your doors and fenders ? Maybe something I can do over the winter between the bike projects.
Old October 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM

Copper, only you really know if you're making anything off the sale of this stuff. And for your sake I hope you're not. That would be a pretty s***ty thing to do.
Maybe make it a point to swap parts/labor evenly with others on this new project. Hope you go about it the right way. Lots of people did you a favor.
Old October 4th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Actually mark the only favor done to me was the free short block. You guys make it seem like I got a sh** ton of help. If anyone has gone above and beyond it has been 67cutlassfreak and those heads will go on my 355 next year. I traded j chicago for some #8 heads and bunch of odd ball parts I needed. I didn't get a ton of favors. And wtf am I on trial here. I'm not making jack sh** on this deal. I got total seal rings which with shipping cost me 100 . Then main and rod bearings 160 with shipping the the block with studs and straps is 100 plus fuel plus tolls appx 140 , then the fuel I spent to get the freebie parts . Sounds fair to me and the person who got it got one hell of a deal !!! I'm breaking even . I'm not out to f*** anyone over. But if you guys feel you need to press the issue then go ahead. I have nothing to loose. Its not like I'm constantly taking in free parts. That shortblock was the only freebie I got. If you must know I have given a ton of work away as far as painting motorcycles for friends cutting friends deals on side jobs giving material away I didn't need to use. I don't have jack sh** to hide. You 2 asshats clearly have something against me . How bout you two get together and buy a tub of vaseline and go to have some fun eh ! In short I'm seling parts I got for my car to help me out and I'm selling them to put that into my car and even then it helped me break even no profit . So the world turns one way or another . F*** off now.

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 4th, 2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old October 4th, 2014, 05:19 PM

You guys clearly are trying to make me look like an @$$ hole. Which actually make you guys look like @$$holes because you could have mesaged me and asked me. This just proves mark and jim Now dumb and dumber are just out to give people crap or in my case me. I get it you don't like me. You want to take any opportunity to make me look bad or make people question me. Well guess what I can careless. You guys care more about how serious people take you than me. I have said this many times but its only mark and jim who I have had issues with. No one else. Imagine that. I'm not guilty I sold the parts like I did but I had to break even plain and simple so I did it in a clever manner. Post up a smoking deal which to most it is. Then tell em what they get for free which is what they where paying for the short block I get my money back that I put into the build and someone got one hell of a deal. I don't know how clearer it can be than that. For all you know I'm using that money to pay for my medical bills after I got 2nd. Degree burns to my arm chest after a radiator hose blew off. Which trust me that would literally cover that cost. You don't know everyone's story so think twice because I'm not gonna go into details about my personal life but right now I can't put a dime from my savings into my car due to things that have happened so yes I want the money I put into my 355 project to out into my 72 on the road and buy some parts for the future 455. Right now spending 75 bucks to wrap up my car is hard. Not because I'm broke but because my car is not priority . Having a rainy day fund and paying my bills are. So think twice sh** bags because even then I might not be able to use that 450 right away and its not like I'm using it on blow and hookers.

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 4th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old October 4th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Also I don't give a flying f**k if I get kicked off. I have not really posted just to avoid you sh** bags and out of the blue I'm put on trial oversome stupid **** which no one else had an issue with just you two dumb fu*ks . You better belive I'm pissed . From now on I'm gonna tell everyone to avoid you and deal with rrp on any post I see where you are recommened and I'm gonna make it my job to post the link to the web site and tell them they are great because guess what they have taken care of me on short notice more than once . So now you have to deal with that.
Old October 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassefi
Copper, only you really know if you're making anything off the sale of this stuff. And for your sake I hope you're not. That would be a pretty s***ty thing to do.
Maybe make it a point to swap parts/labor evenly with others on this new project. Hope you go about it the right way. Lots of people did you a favor.

Ok this is all I said. I never accused you of anything. I said you're the only one than knows all the info from both sides.
The fact that you went off on this makes it suspicious at the very least. I think maybe at this point it might be a good idea to shut up and let it all play out if you're that confident.
But how you get away with the amount of profanity you spew is beyond me. I guess that's one for the moderators.
Old October 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM

What pisses me off mark is the fact you went out of your way both you and jim to make seem "questionable" I'm not stupid and no one else is either. I'm pissed because I have been avoiding posting because I can never post anything with out you two giving me a hard time and then it snowballs into the same thing. It gets old real fast. My question to you is why even question me ? Why did you go out of your way ? No one else did . Guys where blown away I'm going to a big block. Guys who probably know how I eneded up with that short block. I'm sorry but I don't stomp on your sales so don't try to sabbotage mine. Both you and jim made comments with obvious intent . Let's not be dumb here. I probably got away with it because of what you guys are trying to push issue wise. You ever think of that. I'm sorry but that's money I NEED to get my car out before the snow falls. Its money I need to put into my car. It needs an alignment , insurance , needs plates and the rest will go towards some 455 pistons. Money I don't have which I put into a project that's is sitting. You see how that would **** someone off. The fact I busted my *** all summer low on funds pushing to get my car on the track and you guys are trying to derail me. Its pretty obvious mark so cut the innocent comment bs. I don't like you or jim and that feeling is mutual with that history established years ago your intent is obvious .

Last edited by coppercutlass; October 6th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old October 6th, 2014, 06:43 PM

But I'm glad you guys did this because now everyone can see how you two target people. I have only ever butted heads with you two no one else. Pretty obvious now.
Old October 19th, 2014, 04:37 PM

FYI to whom it may concern. I ended up keeping all my sbo stuff. The guy never called me back about it and I actually called him to talk a bout a non related engine question and it was not mentioned . Considering I got my escrow surplus check in the mail so got a little bit of playing money for the car. I hope to those who wasted energy giving crap realize they wasted a lot of energy , time and looked foolish. Still planning on doing a bbo down the road. considering I only need about 400 in maching to wrap the 355 up im keeping it since I don't need the money. Sorry guys everything in my garage has a price if it aint bolted down and if it can help me then yeah its getting sold.