Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Various Interior Parts - 1941 Oldsmobile 98

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2018, 06:26 PM

Various Interior Parts - 1941 Oldsmobile 98

Located in Houston, TX. All removed from a pretty rough field-find car and now clogging up my shed. See links to pictures below.

I've listed prices for each item to comply with forum guidelines, but if you come pick it up and I don't have to bother with shipping, you might be surprised how little I'll take for it. I honestly don't know how much any of this stuff is worth, but given the age of these vehicles and the limited availability of parts, I figured I'd offer it up just in case anyone needs any of it.

Alternatively, if any of this stuff is not worth saving, feel free to tell me so I can throw it away in good conscience.

1. [Front bench is gone]
2. $5 - Chrome trim from inner door skins, all but the front driver's door. Some bits are rusty. The picture linked below shows these still attached to the dilapidated door skins, but all I have now are the chrome bits themselves.
3. $20 - Qty. 3 inner window surround trim, again from all but the front driver's door. (You can thank the previous owner who apparently took that one door apart to fix the latch mechanism and threw the parts away.) Steel with chrome and plastic trim and what appears to be a wood-grained plastic coating on the part right above the window. Surprisingly good condition! Somebody out there probably wants these.
4. $5 - Inner rear window trim. Steel, 2 pieces.
5. [Ignition coil is gone]
6. $1 - Center rear view mirror. Some rust.
7. [Arm rest/door handle is gone]

Pics of various items 2-7:
https://i.imgur.com/6S0JdmM.jpg

Last edited by SpaceFrank; May 12th, 2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Removed items no longer available
Old December 12th, 2018, 02:42 AM

Thanks SpaceFrank, I can now see from your photos that the back of the front seat on your car is greatly different to the Phaeton I have.
Ashtray, lights and even the pull cord are nothing like mine, thanks anyway
Old December 12th, 2018, 11:15 AM

Right on, sorry I couldn't help.

For some reason when I view this thread from my phone the word "****" is censored, so I edited the post and changed it to "handle." Hilarious. I also lowered some of the prices, which all remain extremely negotiable if I don't have to ship anything. I'm probably hauling the front bench out to the curb next week, but I figure I'll give it a couple months before I throw everything else away.
Old December 12th, 2018, 10:34 PM

It’s a long shot but is there any chance you have a demister duct fitting that the hose connects to??
Old December 30th, 2018, 11:26 AM

Is this the piece you're looking for? Not sure where the missing clip went; I found this piece dangling under the dash on the end of a rotten hose.

https://i.imgur.com/Scv2FzY.jpg
Old December 30th, 2018, 01:10 PM

Thanks, that’s exactly the part I’m after. I’ll send you a PM shortly.
Leigh
Old May 12th, 2019, 06:08 PM

Updated the post to remove items I've sold or thrown away. The rest is consolidated in a box in my shed, so it'll probably be safe for a while.