Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1968/69 Olds 88/98 wheel covers, hood hinges

Old May 10th, 2018, 01:53 AM

1968/69 Olds 88/98 wheel covers, hood hinges

Recently traded a bunch of Camaro parts for a few goodies that a friend saved from a Ninety-Eight at one of the local junk yards, unfortunately some of the parts I got in the deal won't fit my '67 so I want to get them back out there for the people who need them.

15" wheel covers - Similarly to my own car's original wheel covers, they all have some light scratching and the black accent paint is mostly worn off, but they are all totally straight and usable.
I did a deep cleaning of all four after receiving them and they wound up looking better than I had initially hoped, I think they would look rather nice with new accent paint if done correctly.

Pair of hood hinges w/ 6 mounting bolts for hinge to fender, though the 4 hinge-to-hood bolts weren't included with them.

Passenger's side hinge-to-hood strap was folded a little at this point when I received the parts but straightened out with a bit of grunt, probably a mistake by whoever removed the big heavy hood.

Another friend who works at a shop that does metal fab work had a look and told me that it would be easy-peasy for him to repair/reinforce if I wanted him to. He'll probably do the work for the price of a few beers, but if you'd prefer a D.I.Y. repair then I can also let go of it as-is for a bit less.

Here's the other side of the pass-side hinge fracture, for full disclosure. Fortunately the hinge assembly itself looks good and straight compared next to the LH hinge, this damage appears to be very localized.

I admit ignorance on the monetary value of these particular parts, but I've only had good experiences dealing with users in this community, so I trust that it'd be okay to list the price as "best offer" + the cost of the ride. No trades for these though, please. I just have too many bits of cars lying around right now.
Old May 10th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Please post asking prices as per forum rules.
Old May 10th, 2018, 03:51 PM

Any idea what I should be asking for these, Eric?
I didn't list an asking price because I don't want to offend anyone by asking more than they're worth, but I don't want to get myself ripped off either. I see people selling this particular pattern of wheel cover on ebay in similar condition for $45 apiece, that felt a bit high to me though.

Hinges seem to be going for about $65/pair without top strap damage, so I guess I'd ask $45 for the pair, $30 for the LH one and $15 for the one with the fracture (plus shipping).

Last edited by Supernaut72; May 10th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old May 10th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Administrator

I've always found that an asking price should be something a bit higher than you can live with and negotiate down. If its too high or something no one wants then all you get is crickets. Then you reevaluate and lower price until someone buys or there is just no interest. Glws.
Old November 17th, 2020, 10:31 PM

Cool Both offers...

First, I have to inquire as to whether you still have the parts? I am interested in both the Hubs as-well-as the hinges. Also I actually have a 1968 Delta 88 and I'm wanting to be sure to the hinges will fit my hood (seeing that they came off of a Ninety-Eight. Please advise..

You can also feel free to email me at taylor_tyme@hotmail.com or call me at 415-548-0685

Thank You,
Mike.

Originally Posted by Supernaut72
Recently traded a bunch of Camaro parts for a few goodies that a friend saved from a Ninety-Eight at one of the local junk yards, unfortunately some of the parts I got in the deal won't fit my '67 so I want to get them back out there for the people who need them.

15" wheel covers - Similarly to my own car's original wheel covers, they all have some light scratching and the black accent paint is mostly worn off, but they are all totally straight and usable.
I did a deep cleaning of all four after receiving them and they wound up looking better than I had initially hoped, I think they would look rather nice with new accent paint if done correctly.

Pair of hood hinges w/ 6 mounting bolts for hinge to fender, though the 4 hinge-to-hood bolts weren't included with them.

Passenger's side hinge-to-hood strap was folded a little at this point when I received the parts but straightened out with a bit of grunt, probably a mistake by whoever removed the big heavy hood.

Another friend who works at a shop that does metal fab work had a look and told me that it would be easy-peasy for him to repair/reinforce if I wanted him to. He'll probably do the work for the price of a few beers, but if you'd prefer a D.I.Y. repair then I can also let go of it as-is for a bit less.

Here's the other side of the pass-side hinge fracture, for full disclosure. Fortunately the hinge assembly itself looks good and straight compared next to the LH hinge, this damage appears to be very localized.

I admit ignorance on the monetary value of these particular parts, but I've only had good experiences dealing with users in this community, so I trust that it'd be okay to list the price as "best offer" + the cost of the ride. No trades for these though, please. I just have too many bits of cars lying around right now.